David Bowie's iPod, TiBooks On TV, & Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mac Sightings - David Bowie's iPod, TiBooks On TV, & Arnold Schwarzenegger
by , 11:00 AM EST, February 15th, 2002
Observer Randy Souther was reading David Bowie's journal and came across this piece of glowing praise for our favorite little music player. Nope, he's not a crazed stalker fan - you can read Bowie's journal at his Web site. On January 10th, two days after his 55th birthday, Bowie writes -
I wished and wished and then I wished again and there it was. From the wife, my iPod. Oh, happy day. I can't wait to give it a test run. I've already listed over seven hundred or so songs to gunge it up with.A month later, and I'm sure he's gunged it up good and proper. iPod owners, we're in good company.
Meanwhile, our correspondent-on-the-couch Michael Superczynski spotted TiBooks on the tube:
The CBS drama CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) showed one of the investigators using a TiBook to analyze the reflection in the eye of a person thought to the victim of a sexual abuse incident.Product? There was a product?
The CBS comedy Ellen has shown her sitting at her desk using a TiBook.
I have also seen the TiBook in a TV commercial for some kind of medicine. I don't remember which so I guess the ad didn't work too well.
Keen-eyed projectionist and all-round good guy, Andrew Zima, wrote in to let us know about the new Schwarzenegger actioner, Collateral Damage. Andrew got this sneak preview while checking the print for bad sound and scratches:
If you watch closely you can spot Macs through the whole movie. Several older Studio Displays (the ones that look like iMacs) and several G3 Powerbooks (including the one Arnold uses to surf the web to find out about the Terrorists that killed his family). There are also several screenshots of the Mac OS in use during a scene where a witness is looking at shots of various buildings. Keep in mind most of these are quick shots so if you blink you might miss them.Sounds like another one to bolster last week's Good Guys Use Macs theory. Given recent events, this one's going to be super-popular, and should make for a lot of exposure.
Thanks, Andrew, Michael and Randy. If you've seen Macs making headlines, it'd be great to let me know!
- Wed, 6:39 PM
- Frolic in the Apple Park, Rumors for iPad and Apple Watch - ACM 399
- Wed, 6:27 PM
- Get $8.62 Off Your Amazon Order (Today Only) Thanks to Harris Reputation Poll
- Wed, 5:34 PM
- What a Digital Avatar Patent Might Mean for Apple Customers
- Wed, 5:07 PM
- 5 iMazing Tricks Make Syncing Your iOS Device Fun
- Wed, 3:48 PM
- The Pros and Cons of Legacy Apple Products Going Extinct
- Wed, 2:44 PM
- iOS: Turn Safari Into a Simple RSS Reader
- Wed, 1:52 PM
- What Apple TV Could've Been - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-22
- Wed, 11:53 AM
- Futurama: Worlds of Tomorrow Coming to iPhone and iPad
- Wed, 10:40 AM
- New Apple Campus, Dubbed Apple Park, Opens in April
- Wed, 9:06 AM
- iOS: Use "Vibrate Only" for Specific Event Alerts
- Wed, 9:00 AM
- PDFConverterOCR 4: $19.99
- Wed, 8:00 AM
- Be More Productive by Typing Faster