Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.2.3, Includes Many Bug Fixes, Better Application Support, OpenGL Update,
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.2.3, Includes Many Bug Fixes, Better Application Support, OpenGL Update, Much More
by , 6:00 PM EST, December 19th, 2002
Apple has released an update to Mac OS X through the Software Update Control Panel. Version 10.2.3 brings increased reliability and functionality to many applications, utilities, and services. The Knowledge Base article accompanying the update has a very long list of improvements, and Apple lists Mail, Rendezvous, and Print Center as all getting updates. The company also says that OpenGL 1.4 is included, "which contains improvements for all systems." The update also includes a variety of bug fixes, and all of the current security updates. From the Software Update Control Panel's shorter description:
The 10.2.3 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, utilities, and technologies: AppleScript, Classic compatibility, Disk Copy, Disk Utility, Image Capture, Mail, OpenGL, Print Center, and Rendezvous. It provides audio, disc recording, graphics, printing improvements, as well as AFP and WebDAV networking improvements. The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest Security Updates.
Other points to note: There are improvements to ATI Rage 128 support, a new Canadian English dictionary, improvements to support for the British English dictionary, fixes a kernel panic problem involving USB, fixes problems involving HP peripherals, and specifically mentions improved performance in Virtual PC, which was announced this week.
The download weighs in at 51MB for OS X and 71MB for OS X Server. You can find more information at Apple's Knowledge Base Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:This is a pretty hefty update, and we are happy to see it now, when the company could have chosen to wait for Macworld. Leave your feedback below.
- Tue, 5:51 PM
- macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Leaks New MacBook Pro Images
- Tue, 5:02 PM
- Apple Beats Guidance with Q4 Earnings, Guides Q4 Above Consensus
- Tue, 2:20 PM
- Existing Home Routers Could Be Used to Stop DDoS Botnet Attacks
- Tue, 1:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-25: iMessage Wish List, Original iPod Music Collection
- Tue, 11:55 AM
- MyScript Nebo iPad Pro Note Taking App Temporarily a Free Download
- Tue, 10:52 AM
- tvOS 10.0.1 Update Improves Security, Skips Single Sign-on
- Tue, 9:46 AM
- AAPL Q4 2016 Earnings Report Coverage this Afternoon
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Last Chance for The Award-Winning Mac Bundle
- Tue, 8:00 AM
- The 20 CDs Steve Jobs Gave Journalists with the First iPod
- Mon, 6:43 PM
- Apple Fixes Two-Factor Authentication Setup Bug
- Mon, 6:22 PM
- Anticipation and Joy: Abusing Autonomous Cars For Fun
- Mon, 6:10 PM
- Dyn DDoS Attack Shows IoT's Inherent Security Weakness