Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.2.3, Includes Many Bug Fixes, Better Application Support, OpenGL Update,
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.2.3, Includes Many Bug Fixes, Better Application Support, OpenGL Update, Much More
by , 6:00 PM EST, December 19th, 2002
Apple has released an update to Mac OS X through the Software Update Control Panel. Version 10.2.3 brings increased reliability and functionality to many applications, utilities, and services. The Knowledge Base article accompanying the update has a very long list of improvements, and Apple lists Mail, Rendezvous, and Print Center as all getting updates. The company also says that OpenGL 1.4 is included, "which contains improvements for all systems." The update also includes a variety of bug fixes, and all of the current security updates. From the Software Update Control Panel's shorter description:
The 10.2.3 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, utilities, and technologies: AppleScript, Classic compatibility, Disk Copy, Disk Utility, Image Capture, Mail, OpenGL, Print Center, and Rendezvous. It provides audio, disc recording, graphics, printing improvements, as well as AFP and WebDAV networking improvements. The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest Security Updates.
Other points to note: There are improvements to ATI Rage 128 support, a new Canadian English dictionary, improvements to support for the British English dictionary, fixes a kernel panic problem involving USB, fixes problems involving HP peripherals, and specifically mentions improved performance in Virtual PC, which was announced this week.
The download weighs in at 51MB for OS X and 71MB for OS X Server. You can find more information at Apple's Knowledge Base Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:This is a pretty hefty update, and we are happy to see it now, when the company could have chosen to wait for Macworld. Leave your feedback below.
- Mon, 5:51 PM
- iOS 10: How to Use Maps Extensions
- Mon, 5:07 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Founder & President of Bombich Software, Mike Bombich
- Mon, 3:13 PM
- iOS 10 Maps 'Overview' Buttons Moved to the Swipe-Up Drawer
- Mon, 2:35 PM
- A-Shirt Makes Apple-Inspired Shirts for Apple Fans
- Mon, 2:32 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-26: macOS Sierra PDF Issues, Apple ID Two-Factor Authentication
- Mon, 2:25 PM
- Apple's iPhone 7 Invitation Refused by Bloggers
- Mon, 2:01 PM
- Avantree PowerHouse 4 Port Fast USB Charging Station
- Mon, 1:28 PM
- Stilo 6R Stylus Features Magnetic Body and Hybrid Tip
- Mon, 10:40 AM
- How to Stream the Clinton/Trump Presidential Debate on Your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- Sun, 12:06 PM
- MGG 624: Sierra, APFS, Wi-Fi and Personal Servers
- Sat, 9:04 PM
- Can't Remotely Control Your HomeKit Devices? Enable iCloud Two-Factor Authentication
- Fri, 9:43 PM
- ScanSnap on Sierra Update: Fujitsu Warns of Data Loss In 'Specific Circumstances'