Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.2.3, Includes Many Bug Fixes, Better Application Support, OpenGL Update,
Apple Releases Mac OS X 10.2.3, Includes Many Bug Fixes, Better Application Support, OpenGL Update, Much More
by , 6:00 PM EST, December 19th, 2002
Apple has released an update to Mac OS X through the Software Update Control Panel. Version 10.2.3 brings increased reliability and functionality to many applications, utilities, and services. The Knowledge Base article accompanying the update has a very long list of improvements, and Apple lists Mail, Rendezvous, and Print Center as all getting updates. The company also says that OpenGL 1.4 is included, "which contains improvements for all systems." The update also includes a variety of bug fixes, and all of the current security updates. From the Software Update Control Panel's shorter description:
The 10.2.3 Update delivers enhanced functionality and improved reliability for the following applications, utilities, and technologies: AppleScript, Classic compatibility, Disk Copy, Disk Utility, Image Capture, Mail, OpenGL, Print Center, and Rendezvous. It provides audio, disc recording, graphics, printing improvements, as well as AFP and WebDAV networking improvements. The update also provides updated security services and includes the latest Security Updates.
Other points to note: There are improvements to ATI Rage 128 support, a new Canadian English dictionary, improvements to support for the British English dictionary, fixes a kernel panic problem involving USB, fixes problems involving HP peripherals, and specifically mentions improved performance in Virtual PC, which was announced this week.
The download weighs in at 51MB for OS X and 71MB for OS X Server. You can find more information at Apple's Knowledge Base Web site.
The Mac Observer Spin:This is a pretty hefty update, and we are happy to see it now, when the company could have chosen to wait for Macworld. Leave your feedback below.
- Fri, 2:01 PM
- Amazon's Echo First Amendment Rights Fight - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-24
- Fri, 10:01 AM
- iTunes Remote App gets Two-Factor Authentication Support
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- Disk Drill PRO 3 for Mac for $34.99
- Thu, 6:33 PM
- 7 Reasons For Apple to Discontinue the Mac Pro
- Thu, 6:02 PM
- Can WALTR 2 Really Be Your iTunes Replacement?
- Thu, 4:54 PM
- New Mac Ransomware Leaves Your Files Permanently Encrypted
- Thu, 4:04 PM
- Acoustic Imaging and iPhone 8: Can You Hear My Fingerprint?
- Thu, 3:58 PM
- Stop Facebook's Emotional Manipulation With This Tool
- Thu, 1:55 PM
- iPhone 8 3D Cameras, iMazing Tips - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-23
- Thu, 9:25 AM
- macOS: How to See the Hierarchy of Your File Locations
- Thu, 9:00 AM
- BK SPORT Bluetooth 4.0 Headphones: $16.99
- Wed, 6:39 PM
- Frolic in the Apple Park, Rumors for iPad and Apple Watch - ACM 399