Microsoft To Bundle Office v.X Test Drive With Macs, Extends US$199 Office Offer
MWSF 2003 - Microsoft To Bundle Office v.X Test Drive With Macs, Extends US$199 Office Offer
by , 10:00 AM EST, January 9th, 2003
As if it weren't easy enough to discover Office v.X already, Microsoft has announced a bundling deal with Apple. The new deal has all new Macs shipping with Office v.X Test Drive preinstalled on the hard drive. The Test Drive version of Office v.X is a 30-day trial of Microsoft's popular office suite. According to Microsoft, all new Macs shipped in 2003 will have the software installed.
In addition to all new Macs shipping with a trial version of Office, new Mac buyers will continue to have the option of purchasing a copy of Office along with their new Macs for US$199, a savings of about US$300. This promotion's expiration date has been extended to April 7, 2002. From Microsoft:
Microsoft announced that North American consumers who buy any new Macintosh computer through April 7, 2003, can acquire Microsoft Office v. X for Mac at the same time for $199.99* (U.S.) or $299* (CDN). Comparable promotions are running in Japan and Australia until April 7, 2003. European and African consumers are eligible to receive a similar offer through April 30, 2003.
:We continuously strive to put the best software in the hands of our Mac users, and they've told us that promotions such as Office Romance are an incredible offer,: said Tim McDonough, marketing director of the MacBU at Microsoft. :Whether giving Mac users a simple solution to help manage their busy lives with Entourage X, an opportunity to save when they buy a new Mac and Office v. X together, or the ability to test drive the powerful Office suite, we're committed to delivering the most compelling Mac computing experiences in the industry.:
Microsoft also announced today that on all new Macs shipping in 2003, Apple Computer Inc. will preinstall the MacBU's popular Office v. X Test Drive. The 30-day trial software gives Mac OS X customers the opportunity to try all four Office v. X applications -- Word X, Excel X, PowerPoint X and Entourage X -- free. The Office v. X Test Drive preinstall, the latest demonstration of Microsoft and Apple's shared commitment to help Mac customers experience great products, marks the first time Apple has preinstalled an Office Test Drive on its computers.
You can find more information about these promotions at Microsoft's Mactopia site.
The Mac Observer Spin:Coinciding with the release of Keynote, this new deal is interesting, to sat the least. It's also smart business for Microsoft and Apple alike. Getting Office v.X in the hands of new users obviously spurs potential business for Microsoft, a company keen on seeing more return on its Office v.X investment, but it also is a reminder to new and potential Mac owners that Macs have Office, the industry's dominant productivity suite.
- Tue, 11:51 AM
- Apple Using PrimeSense Tech for iPhone 8 3D Front Facing Camera
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Stress Blocks: $14.99
- Tue, 5:19 AM
- Rumors about March Apple Event for iPhone SE and iPads Get Serious
- Mon, 7:24 PM
- Game of Thrones 'A Dance with Dragons' iBooks Enhanced Edition on Preorder
- Mon, 5:53 PM
- Returning to U.S. With iPhone? What Are Your Rights?
- Mon, 4:48 PM
- Hidden Folks is the Whimsically Fun Hidden Object Game You Need on Your iPhone and iPad
- Mon, 4:31 PM
- macOS Sierra: Delete And Reinstall 1Password To Refresh Certificate [Update]
- Mon, 4:05 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Open Source Developer & Former Apple Manager Jordan Hubbard
- Mon, 2:10 PM
- Apple's Facial Recognition Plans, the AI Race - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-20
- Mon, 1:36 PM
- How to Mod a Porsche 911 or Other Car to Run Doom in 3 Easy Steps
- Mon, 12:01 PM
- Apple Buys RealFace, but that Doesn't Mean We're Unlocking iPhones with Our Face Yet
- Mon, 9:00 AM
- iOS 10 and Swift 3 Starter Bundle: $45