Apple Exec Says iPod mini Static Issues "Extremely Small"
TMO Reports - Apple Exec Says iPod mini Static Issues "Extremely Small"
by , 10:00 AM EDT, April 15th, 2004
Despite wide-spread media reports of static or distorted audio problems with Apple's iPod mini portable digital-music player, an Apple executive said Wednesday the problem is "isolated" and is affecting very few users.
During an analyst conference call regarding the company's second-quarter earnings results, Tim Cook, Apple's Executive Vice President of Worldwide Sales and Operations, said the number of reported cases of audio problems is "extremely small."
"We're highly confident with the (iPod) minis that we're shipping," Mr. Cook said. "We've seen some of those reports. They're isolated online reports. We're investigating those because we want to very much understand those. But I would tell you that the number of complaints that we've had from customers through AppleCare tech support is extremely small. However, anyone that is listening to the (conference) call that has a problem, please call the AppleCare because we want to take care of the issue."
Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL) is investigating complaints that its popular iPod mini is prone to static and other sound distortions when playing back music. According to a small number of reports that surfaced last week on an independent iPod forum site and on Apple's own discussion forums, the problem sometimes happens when users press the plastic casing around the headphone jack.
An Apple spokeswoman said Tuesday the company is looking into the matter and investigating user reports.
- Mon, 10:20 AM
- Philips Adds Motion Sensor to its Smart Home Lineup
- Sun, 12:00 PM
- MGG 620: Backups Deep Dive
- Sat, 1:34 AM
- Tim Cook Pivots to Play Active Role in Shaping Apple Narrative
- Fri, 8:35 PM
- Fri, 3:35 PM
- Soundjump Bluetooth Speaker Has Built-In Portable Charger: $104.99
- Fri, 3:21 PM
- How to Opt Out of WhatsApp's Facebook Data Sharing
- Fri, 1:29 PM
- Get Your 80s Synth on with the Stranger Things Soundtrack on Apple Music
- Fri, 12:43 PM
- The iPad Pro 9.7-inch Keyboard Case for Road Warriors
- Fri, 11:00 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-26: Interview with Fling's Dave Hamilton
- Fri, 10:00 AM
- Seeing a Folder's Size in the Terminal
- Thu, 7:20 PM
- The Battery That's Lasted 176 Years
- Thu, 6:32 PM
- Enough with iPhone Headphone Jack Kvetching