TMO Announcement - System Shootouts Get Dedicated Web Site
by , 11:00 AM EDT, May 19th, 2004
We are both happy and sad to announce that Charles Gaba is taking his System Shootouts to their own Web site, once again. Happy, because Charles will be able to spend more time and energy on the Shootouts, and sad because we enjoyed hosting them at TMO.
The System Shootouts are point-by-point comparisons between Apple's systems and competing Wintel machines, with the comparison based on systems that ship in the same price range. Charles began the series years ago at AAPLTalk.com, but brought them to TMO last year.
The new home for the System Shootouts can be found at the very appropriate SystemShootouts.org, and with their own dedicated site, we can expect to see more timely updates. Charles has launched the new site with full updates for Apple's laptop line, Apple's Educational Desktop line, and two different consumer desktop shootouts.
Charles has also launched a mailing list for those wanting to be notified when a new shootout had been posted. You can find more information on the e-mail list at the Web site.
- Sun, 12:04 PM
- MGG 628: Cool Stuff Found and The DNS Achilles Heel
- Fri, 10:59 PM
- Apple Pay Used to Buy $1M Aston Martin DB5 Luxury Car
- Fri, 10:23 PM
- Perpetrator of Friday's Internet Outage Comes Clean
- Fri, 9:35 PM
- macOS Sierra: Disable Auto-Logout if Sierra Enabled It
- Fri, 6:26 PM
- Apple Regent Street Opening Photo Gallery
- Fri, 5:59 PM
- Apple and IBM Partnership: Macs, iOS and Watson Are The Glue
- Fri, 5:05 PM
- Teens Steal $13,000 in iPhones from Natick Collection Apple Store
- Fri, 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-21: iPhone 7 Fire, Microsoft Surface on the Rise
- Fri, 11:22 AM
- iPhone 7 Blamed for Car Fire
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- HYFY Pro 1-Year Plan: $25
- Fri, 8:00 AM
- King of the Hill Intro in Pixel Art
- Thu, 8:19 PM
- Eddy Cue Dampens Expectations for Original Apple TV Programming