More Information on "Say No" Campaign, with Flyer
From The Cab - More Information on "Say No" Campaign, with Flyer
by , 1:30 PM EDT, July 14th, 2004
As a follow-up to our earlier article about a group asking people to boycott IDG and Macworld, we were fortunate to strike up a conversation with a cab driver who raised the boycott issue without our prompting. When asked how he was aware of this, he said he was handed a flyer with more information. That flyer:
A few things still are still unclear, including the identity of the group protesting. Even with the flyer's expanded information, there is no indication of which group is against IDG and outsourcing.
Perhaps more interesting, according to the cab driver to whom we spoke, the person handing out the flyer appeared to be a young child not old enough to be legally employed. TMO was unable to confirm that, and we are still looking for more information about the group pushing the "Say no to Macworld" message.
The Mac Observer Spin:If it's true that the group behind this campaign is using children to pass out flyers, it's a curious way to protest concepts such as fair employment. What we find the most perplexing, however, is why there is no information about the group doing the protesting on its literature or the rolling billboard we first brought to you earlier this week.
- Fri, 10:21 PM
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Hits Mac and Linux
- Fri, 4:54 PM
- Evidence is Mounting: Apple Will Convert the Macs to ARM CPUs
- Fri, 1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-30: iPhone Lightning Headphone Adapters, Listener Comments
- Fri, 12:03 PM
- A Game of Thrones Gets Enhanced Edition Exclusive to iBooks
- Fri, 11:25 AM
- macOS Sierra: Fast Sound Settings from the Menu Bar
- Fri, 11:24 AM
- iLDOCK on Kickstarter: Lightning Port and Headphone Jack for iPhone 7
- Fri, 10:00 AM
- Get 8 Mac Utilities for Free
- Fri, 9:57 AM
- CW Shows Come to Apple TV, No Cable Subscription Required
- Thu, 9:34 PM
- Safari 10: Hide Flash from Every Website Except Some
- Thu, 6:53 PM
- Use 3D Touch in LINE to Read Messages without a Read Receipt
- Thu, 5:55 PM
- Apple Rolls iPhone 7 Commercial, "Balloons"
- Thu, 5:22 PM
- My Fantasy Wish List for Apple's October Event