Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
Apple Expo - Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
by , 6:15 AM EDT, August 31st, 2004
PARIS, FRANCE - Apple dealers are being told that flat-panel iMac G5s will be in very limited supply until late-November, early-December. Apple introduced the new iMac today to cheering crowds during the Apple Expo keynote in Paris, France.
Independent dealers say that the flow of new iMacs will be a "trickle" when they initially become available in mid-September. TMO was also told that the 17" model will be most readily available unit in the beginning, and that 20" models will be virtually non-existent when the iMac G5 first ships in mid-September.
Supply constraints should ease across the product line in late-November or early-December.
Dealers were not given specific reason for supply constraints, but were told that Apple will be shipping the new iMacs one at a time from manufacturing facilities in Asia. Apple has similarly turned to air-freight shipping to meet initial demand with other product rollouts in the past.
- Tue, 9:58 PM
- And Now for the Leather Desk Pad and Wooden Apple Pencil Stand
- Tue, 9:13 PM
- Study Of AT&T Fiber Highlights Income Inequality and the Digital Divide
- Tue, 6:15 PM
- iOS Control Center Bug Is Freezing Certain iPhones
- Tue, 6:12 PM
- A Tor Browser Might Not Be Your Best Solution for Internet Privacy
- Tue, 4:03 PM
- Emergence of Robots Will, Remarkably, Force a Change in iPad Design
- Tue, 3:18 PM
- Macintosh Original Andy Hertzfeld to Keynote Vintage Computer Festival April 29th
- Tue, 2:55 PM
- Apple Introduces Today at Apple Events to Make its Stores the Place You Want to Hang Out
- Tue, 2:39 PM
- Alphabet's Waymo Offers 'Early Riders' Driverless Rides in Phoenix
- Tue, 1:38 PM
- Uber iPhone Tracking, Carpool Karaoke Delay - TMO Daily Observations 2017-04-25
- Tue, 12:02 PM
- Yet Another Report Pegs October, November for iPhone 8 Release
- Tue, 10:14 AM
- Apple Bumps April's Carpool Karaoke Launch to Later this Year
- Tue, 5:50 AM
- 1 Year Subscription to Instaread: $24.99