Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
Apple Expo - Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
by , 6:15 AM EDT, August 31st, 2004
PARIS, FRANCE - Apple dealers are being told that flat-panel iMac G5s will be in very limited supply until late-November, early-December. Apple introduced the new iMac today to cheering crowds during the Apple Expo keynote in Paris, France.
Independent dealers say that the flow of new iMacs will be a "trickle" when they initially become available in mid-September. TMO was also told that the 17" model will be most readily available unit in the beginning, and that 20" models will be virtually non-existent when the iMac G5 first ships in mid-September.
Supply constraints should ease across the product line in late-November or early-December.
Dealers were not given specific reason for supply constraints, but were told that Apple will be shipping the new iMacs one at a time from manufacturing facilities in Asia. Apple has similarly turned to air-freight shipping to meet initial demand with other product rollouts in the past.
- Wed, 9:49 PM
- Living with Apple's Touch Bar, the Reverse Toaster Fridge - ACM 388
- Wed, 6:42 PM
- World's Largest Rube Goldberg Machine Lights Christmas Tree
- Wed, 5:58 PM
- GoPower Plus Battery Space Gray Has Built-in Charging Cable
- Wed, 5:52 PM
- Why Some High-Profile Hires Don’t Thrive at Apple
- Wed, 4:36 PM
- Nomad Leather MFi-Certified Charging Wallet: $49.95
- Wed, 4:29 PM
- Setapp Brings Netflix-style Downloads to Mac Apps
- Wed, 2:16 PM
- MacBook Pro USB-C Donglegate - TMO Daily Observations 2016-12-07
- Wed, 12:39 PM
- Great Gifts for Groovy Geeks: 2016 Edition
- Wed, 11:56 AM
- Apple Music tops 20 Million Users
- Wed, 10:45 AM
- For Geeks Only: Hey Alexa, Tell Sonos to Play Stevie Wonder in the Kitchen
- Wed, 10:27 AM
- PDFpen 8.3 gets MacBook Pro Touch Bar Support
- Wed, 9:23 AM
- macOS: Archiving a Time Capsule