Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
Apple Expo - Initial iMac Availability To Be Limited, Sources Say
by , 6:15 AM EDT, August 31st, 2004
PARIS, FRANCE - Apple dealers are being told that flat-panel iMac G5s will be in very limited supply until late-November, early-December. Apple introduced the new iMac today to cheering crowds during the Apple Expo keynote in Paris, France.
Independent dealers say that the flow of new iMacs will be a "trickle" when they initially become available in mid-September. TMO was also told that the 17" model will be most readily available unit in the beginning, and that 20" models will be virtually non-existent when the iMac G5 first ships in mid-September.
Supply constraints should ease across the product line in late-November or early-December.
Dealers were not given specific reason for supply constraints, but were told that Apple will be shipping the new iMacs one at a time from manufacturing facilities in Asia. Apple has similarly turned to air-freight shipping to meet initial demand with other product rollouts in the past.
- Fri, 8:34 PM
- How to Factory Reset Apple AirPods, May Help with Battery and Pairing Issues
- Fri, 5:21 PM
- Your Apple Watch Could Eventually Become a Complete BioMed Lab
- Fri, 1:41 PM
- Apple's OS Strategy, Netflix on the TV App - TMO Daily Observations 2017-01-20
- Fri, 11:51 AM
- Samsung's Note 7 Fire Report: Surprise, It's the Batteries
- Fri, 9:54 AM
- Simply Mac Stores Closing, but it Isn't Apple's Fault
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- Roxio Toast 15 Titanium: $49
- Fri, 8:00 AM
- MagNeo on Kickstarter: Magnetic USB-C Adapter for Charging, Data, and Video
- Fri, 8:00 AM
- Astropad Studio Could Replace Your Wacom Tablet
- Fri, 3:34 AM
- How To Watch The Inauguration on Apple TV and Online
- Fri, 2:43 AM
- iOS Tip: Avoid Charging Your Wet iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Thu, 8:55 PM
- What Earth Would Look Like if All the Ice Melted
- Thu, 6:44 PM
- Apple Releases New Design Resources for iOS Developers