Apple Confirms More UK Retail Stores Coming; Additional Locations in Europe
TMO Reports - Apple Confirms More UK Retail Stores Coming; Additional Locations in Europe
by , 9:00 AM EST, November 18th, 2004
LONDON -- Apple Computer confirmed Thursday it plans to open two additional Apple retail stores in the United Kingdom in 2005 - one in Birmingham, northwest of central London, and the other in Kent, about an hour south of London.
Apple's senior vice president of retail Ron Johnson confirmed the company will also be opening additional stores in other European countries, but refused to give additional details of locations.
Mr. Johnson said he hopes to have the UK stores open "as soon as possible", but would not be tied down to specific dates. He said progress was being made on their construction, but would not give details.
The Birmingham location will be in the Bullring mall complex, while the Kent location will be in the Bluewater shopping complex, Mr. Johnson said.
Mr. Johnson was on hand in London for a press preview event at its new London retail store on Regent Street, which will open this Saturday, November 20.
- Wed, 2:34 PM
- Apple Introduces Professional Training to Help Growing IT Workforce
- Wed, 2:21 PM
- Google Russia Forced to Declare Bankruptcy
- Wed, 1:25 PM
- Apple Executive Ian Goodfellow Leaves Company to Rejoin Google
- Wed, 1:16 PM
- Quanta Considering Relocation of MacBook Pro Factory to Increase Production
- Tue, 4:40 PM
- Star Wars Future Unveiled by Disney
- Tue, 4:18 PM
- Apple Facing Lawsuit Claims AirPods Ruptured Child's Eardrum after Amber Alert
- Tue, 3:39 PM
- Apple Delays Stricter In-Person Work Requirements Citing Rising COVID-19 Cases
- Tue, 2:37 PM
- Customize Your CarPlay Apps the Way You Want Them
- Tue, 2:28 PM
- 247 Catcher for Pokémon Go Helps Users Catch 'em All
- Tue, 1:50 PM
- Civil Liberties Group Warns of Global Privacy Breach, Google Largest Offender
- Tue, 1:33 PM
- Apple Previews New Accessibility Features Coming In 2022, Including Door Detection
- Tue, 10:36 AM
- Apple Explores Ways to Improve iPhone Sensor Accuracy and Water Resistance Simultaneously