Apple Confirms More UK Retail Stores Coming; Additional Locations in Europe
TMO Reports - Apple Confirms More UK Retail Stores Coming; Additional Locations in Europe
by , 9:00 AM EST, November 18th, 2004
LONDON -- Apple Computer confirmed Thursday it plans to open two additional Apple retail stores in the United Kingdom in 2005 - one in Birmingham, northwest of central London, and the other in Kent, about an hour south of London.
Apple's senior vice president of retail Ron Johnson confirmed the company will also be opening additional stores in other European countries, but refused to give additional details of locations.
Mr. Johnson said he hopes to have the UK stores open "as soon as possible", but would not be tied down to specific dates. He said progress was being made on their construction, but would not give details.
The Birmingham location will be in the Bullring mall complex, while the Kent location will be in the Bluewater shopping complex, Mr. Johnson said.
Mr. Johnson was on hand in London for a press preview event at its new London retail store on Regent Street, which will open this Saturday, November 20.
- Mon, 3:00 AM
- A Mixed Reality and Mailbag Monday - TMO Daily Observations 2022-12-05
- Fri, 3:25 PM
- New Teaser Video for Apple TV+ Gives Audiences a Peak at 2023 Programming
- Fri, 2:28 PM
- The Retro 67 Charger from Shargeek Rocks Retro Looks with Modern Functionality
- Fri, 1:32 PM
- Travelin' Tim Goes to Arizona, iPhone Production Woes and More
- Fri, 1:20 PM
- Season Two of 'Slow Horses' Now Streaming: How to Watch the Espionage Comedy on Apple TV+
- Fri, 12:59 PM
- Apple Releases New Betas for iPhone, iPad, Mac and More
- Fri, 12:32 PM
- Gurman: 'realityOS' for Apple's New Mixed-Reality Headset Changes Name to 'xrOS'
- Fri, 12:12 PM
- Apple's Emergency SOS Via Satellite Feature for iPhone 14 Saves A Stranded Man in Alaska
- Fri, 11:59 AM
- Coinbase Claims Apple 'Blocked Its Last' Wallet iOS App Release Following New Policy on NFTs
- Fri, 3:00 AM
- But Just Wait 14 Months - TMO Daily Observations 2022-12-02
- Thu, 4:51 PM
- Opening an Apple Card This Holiday Season Can Net 5% Back on Apple Purchases
- Thu, 3:13 PM
- Concerns in China and More On the Terrible Craziness That Is Twitter These Days