LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
TMO at MWSF - LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
by , 6:35 AM EST, January 10th, 2005
LaCie will introduce a new tool for video editors and home users to aid in DVD creation at Mac Expo this week, the company has announced.
The LaCie FastCoder is a hardware encoder that allows people to convert DV NTSC video files to MPEG-1 and/or MPEG-2 in real-time on G3-equipped Mac systems, or newer, with a native FireWire port. With the LaCie FastCoder, conventional software encoding times are reduced by two to 15 hours.
In addition to MPEG-1, users can create MPEG-2 streams that are compatible with the bundled CaptyDVD authoring software or MPEG-2 elementary streams that are compatible with Apple DVD Studio Pro.
FastCoder works with Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS 10.2.6 or greater and supports full quality DV-compatible QuickTime file exported from Apple Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express or iMovie.
FastCoder will ship next month and will retail for US$249.
- Mon, 3:49 PM
- Fitbit Aims at Apple Watch Crowd with Charge 2, Flex 2 Fitness Trackers
- Mon, 3:47 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Omni Group Software Engineer Liz Marley
- Mon, 1:31 PM
- Apple Media Event Officially Set for Sept 7
- Mon, 1:07 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-29: Apple Watch 2 Battery, Microsoft's Smart Surface Pro 4 Ad
- Mon, 11:35 AM
- Bigger Apple Watch 2 Battery Doesn't Mean Longer Life
- Mon, 10:20 AM
- Philips Adds Motion Sensor to its Smart Home Lineup
- Sun, 12:00 PM
- MGG 620: Backups Deep Dive
- Sat, 1:34 AM
- Tim Cook Pivots to Play Active Role in Shaping Apple Narrative
- Fri, 8:35 PM
- Fri, 3:35 PM
- Soundjump Bluetooth Speaker Has Built-In Portable Charger: $104.99
- Fri, 3:21 PM
- How to Opt Out of WhatsApp's Facebook Data Sharing
- Fri, 1:29 PM
- Get Your 80s Synth on with the Stranger Things Soundtrack on Apple Music