LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
TMO at MWSF - LaCie Announces Real-Time DV to MPEG Encoder
by , 6:35 AM EST, January 10th, 2005
LaCie will introduce a new tool for video editors and home users to aid in DVD creation at Mac Expo this week, the company has announced.
The LaCie FastCoder is a hardware encoder that allows people to convert DV NTSC video files to MPEG-1 and/or MPEG-2 in real-time on G3-equipped Mac systems, or newer, with a native FireWire port. With the LaCie FastCoder, conventional software encoding times are reduced by two to 15 hours.
In addition to MPEG-1, users can create MPEG-2 streams that are compatible with the bundled CaptyDVD authoring software or MPEG-2 elementary streams that are compatible with Apple DVD Studio Pro.
FastCoder works with Mac OS 9.2 and Mac OS 10.2.6 or greater and supports full quality DV-compatible QuickTime file exported from Apple Final Cut Pro, Final Cut Express or iMovie.
FastCoder will ship next month and will retail for US$249.
- Tue, 8:00 AM
- The 20 CDs Steve Jobs Gave Journalists with the First iPod
- Mon, 6:43 PM
- Apple Fixes Two-Factor Authentication Setup Bug
- Mon, 6:22 PM
- Anticipation and Joy: Abusing Autonomous Cars For Fun
- Mon, 6:10 PM
- Dyn DDoS Attack Shows IoT's Inherent Security Weakness
- Mon, 3:46 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Author and Podcaster David Sparks
- Mon, 2:05 PM
- Apple Releases watchOS 3.1 with Charging Fix, Message Effects Improvements, More
- Mon, 1:51 PM
- Apple Releases macOS Sierra 10.12.1 with Improved Apple Watch Unlock, More
- Mon, 1:45 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-24: DDOS Attacks, Internet of Things, and HomeKit Security
- Mon, 1:20 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 10.1 with Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus, Replay iMessage Effects, More
- Mon, 11:32 AM
- AT&T to Buy Time Warner in $85.4B Deal
- Mon, 9:00 AM
- Shimo VPN Client for Mac: $19
- Mon, 8:00 AM
- How to Fix Apple Watch Contact Syncing Problems