No Web Access on Show Floor Slows Expo
First on TMO - No Web Access on Show Floor Slows Expo
by , 5:30 PM EST, January 14th, 2005
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. -- Browser dependent exhibitors were brought to a grinding halt Friday as Mac Expo suffered a Web outage going on three hours.
Journalists, exhibitors and their guests were unable to access Web sites beginning at around 11a.m. PST. Intermittent access continued for an hour before to sites could be reached after noon PST. At press time, access was still down.
Attendees trying to access their e-mail either wirelessly or at the Apple User Group kiosks were perplexed and ultimately frustrated.
"Can you get in?" Jerry Maynes of Denver, Colorado asked. "I can't get anything," said Simon Davies.
It was that way across the south hall of the Moscone Convention Center. Anyone trying to access the Web or e-mail in the Apple booth was met with the same results.
"Trying to show people the online Apple Store is a little difficult," said Tom Brooks of Apple Computer. "We're writing down Web addresses on paper and handing them out,."
A representative of show organizer IDG World Expo was not immediately available for comment or explanation as to what was causing the problem. Web access is maintained by the Moscone Convention Center.
- Thu, 12:22 PM
- Three Ways to Free Up Space on your iPhone and Remove Old App Data
- Thu, 11:48 AM
- Adam West and Burt Ward Return for Batman '66 Animated Movie
- Thu, 11:08 AM
- Apple Music Festival Starts Sept 18 with Elton John
- Thu, 11:00 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-25: Interview with Ruby Calling's Jean MacDonald
- Thu, 9:23 AM
- OS X: Opening an App When You Log In
- Wed, 9:46 PM
- What You Need to Know about the U.S. Defending Apple's European Taxes
- Wed, 6:01 PM
- ACM 374: The Apple Narrative, Music Industry Directives, and Samsung's Spoiled Milk
- Wed, 2:45 PM
- Zus MFi-Certified Kevlar Lightning Cable: $19.99
- Wed, 2:31 PM
- Siri and Apple's Machine Learning Are About to Get a Lot Better
- Wed, 12:56 PM
- Obduction, Myst's Spiritual Successor, is now Available
- Wed, 11:00 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-24: Interview with Andrew Tokuda, aka Digital Droo
- Wed, 8:00 AM
- Checking Your 'Find My Mac' Status (And Why You Might Need To!)