Merrill's Milunovich: Are Apple & Sony Working on New Products Together?
TMO Reports - Merrill's Milunovich: Are Apple & Sony Working on New Products Together?
by , 7:00 AM EST, February 15th, 2005
The Wall Street analyst told clients in a commentary found it "intriguing" that Sony President Kunitake Ando was on stage with Apple CEO Steve Jobs at Mac Expo-San Francisco in January.
"Why did Steve Jobs say that Apple and Sony could possibly work together on computers and music? We think Apple could introduce products based on the IBM/Sony/Toshiba Cell processor," Mr. Milunovich wrote.
Cautioning that his thoughts were "logical conjecture and are not based on knowledge of Apple's development plans," Mr. Milunovich speculated a Sony/Apple partnership could mean a number of different things, ranging from high-end workstations to online services.
"We speculate that an Apple/Sony partnership could take the following forms: (1) an iTunes-like iMovies Store online using the H.264 codec and streaming Sony and Pixar content, (2) a high-performance Apple workstation using Cell for video editing, and (3) a network-centric TV with computing for handling the next-generation of entertainment feeds."
The broker speculated an Apple/Sony partnership could put Apple "at the heart of the HD and digital consumer revolution and provide grist for further earnings per share increase and stock appreciation."
- Tue, 9:49 PM
- Apple Releases Logic Pro X 10.3.1 with Security Fix, Improved Regions and iOS GarageBand Support
- Tue, 9:32 PM
- Apple Takes Us on iPhone 7 'One Night' Tours of NYC, Johannesburg, Shanghai, Tokyo
- Tue, 8:09 PM
- Apple App Store Revenues Hit $40 Per User, While Average Downloads Decrease
- Tue, 7:11 PM
- Han Solo Star Wars Movie Starts Filming
- Tue, 6:52 PM
- Apple Watch 3 Shipping in Fall, Switching to Glass-film Touch Surface
- Tue, 6:21 PM
- Apple Remote Desktop Updated with Touch Bar Support
- Tue, 4:07 PM
- Here’s the TV Set-Top Box Apple Could Have Built: Caavo
- Tue, 2:47 PM
- New iPad Pro and iPhone SE Report - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-21
- Tue, 11:51 AM
- Apple Using PrimeSense Tech for iPhone 8 3D Front Facing Camera
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Stress Blocks: $14.99
- Tue, 5:19 AM
- Rumors about March Apple Event for iPhone SE and iPads Get Serious
- Mon, 7:24 PM
- Game of Thrones 'A Dance with Dragons' iBooks Enhanced Edition on Preorder