TMO at E3 - Microsoft Expands on Xbox 360's Relationship to iPod, Macs
by , 11:50 AM EDT, May 20th, 2005
LOS ANGELES -- Microsoft has confirmed that its upcoming XBox 360 video game console will synch with and view files stored on a variety of devices, including Apple's iPod. The capability, revealed at last week's unveiling, was discussed in further detail by Shane Kim of Microsoft's Xbox 360 division.
"We're going to integrate really well with the devices and content that people already have stored on other devices," he explained. "We demonstrated that you'll be able to access your photos and your music that's stored on other devices, CD players, an iPod, even a PSP."
The Xbox 360 will also be able to access and work with popular PDA and Bluetooth devices, such as Palm's products and Bluetooth-enabled cell phones, via its incorporated technologies. "You've got content stored on those devices. We can access it and we can play it from the Xbox 360 on your TV," said Mr. Kim.
From a more speculative viewpoint, Mr. Kim also noted that the Xbox 360 should be able to communicate with a Mac through its home networking implementation. This may become more widely used with Mac OS X's support of the Windows File Sharing protocol.
The Xbox 360 console, still in development, is due to ship in time for the 2005 holiday season.
- Mon, 6:43 PM
- Apple Fixes Two-Factor Authentication Setup Bug
- Mon, 6:22 PM
- Anticipation and Joy: Abusing Autonomous Cars For Fun
- Mon, 6:10 PM
- Dyn DDoS Attack Shows IoT's Inherent Security Weakness
- Mon, 3:46 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Author and Podcaster David Sparks
- Mon, 2:05 PM
- Apple Releases watchOS 3.1 with Charging Fix, Message Effects Improvements, More
- Mon, 1:51 PM
- Apple Releases macOS Sierra 10.12.1 with Improved Apple Watch Unlock, More
- Mon, 1:45 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-24: DDOS Attacks, Internet of Things, and HomeKit Security
- Mon, 1:20 PM
- Apple Releases iOS 10.1 with Portrait Camera for iPhone 7 Plus, Replay iMessage Effects, More
- Mon, 11:32 AM
- AT&T to Buy Time Warner in $85.4B Deal
- Mon, 9:00 AM
- Shimo VPN Client for Mac: $19
- Mon, 8:00 AM
- How to Fix Apple Watch Contact Syncing Problems
- Sun, 12:04 PM
- MGG 628: Cool Stuff Found and The DNS Achilles Heel