It's Just An Illusion
Cool Waste Of Time - It's Just An Illusion
by , 2:20 PM EDT, August 10th, 2005
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Optical illusions are cool; just ask any Escher fan. What would be even cooler is if there was a Web site chock full of optical illusions. Well, feast your peepers on this installment of A Cool Waste of Time.
The eyes have it.
Seeing is believing.
Tell me, and I may believe you: Show me, and I'll believe my eyes.
For centuries, magicians have used all sorts of tricks to fool our eyes, making us believe that they can levitate elephants, regurgitate an endless stream of colorful handkerchiefs, and make anything from coins to cars disappear.
Are those circles really rotating? Are those dots actually disappearing? Tilt your head just right and prepare to be amazed. Michael Bach's site contains 55 of the best optical illusions we've ever seen, each with an explanation as to how and why they work.
Take a look. Good stuff!
Do you have a Cool Waste of Time you found on the Internet? Tell Vern Seward all about it, and he's pass it around...
- Wed, 12:56 PM
- Spotify Introduces new Home Feeds, Offers More Access to Music and Podcasts
- Wed, 11:05 AM
- Foxconn Earnings Beat Expectations Partly Due to Strong Sales of the iPhone 13
- Wed, 10:57 AM
- Apple Negotiating To Get Streaming Rights for Big Ten Athletic Events
- Tue, 4:09 PM
- Apple Increases iPhone 14 Order to 95 Million Units, Kuo Says No Supply Chain Impacts
- Tue, 3:05 PM
- Apple Releases 5th Developer Betas of iOS 16, iPadOS 16, watchOS9, macOS Ventura, More [U: 3rd Public Betas, Too]
- Tue, 2:54 PM
- Google Puts More Pressure on Apple to Adopt RCS with ‘Get the Message’ Campaign
- Tue, 2:37 PM
- Despite Keeping Things Private, Apple TV+ Continues to Show Dominance
- Tue, 1:34 PM
- Apple Partners with Kim Kardashian for Beats Fit Pro in Neutral Colors
- Tue, 1:34 PM
- Apple Brings Battery Percentage Back in iOS 16 beta 5: Who Gets it and Who Doesn't
- Tue, 12:51 PM
- Snapchat Brings Parental Controls Through New 'Family Center' Feature
- Tue, 11:46 AM
- Apple Pay Now Available in Malaysia in Partnership in MayBank, AmBank and Standard Chartered Bank
- Tue, 11:26 AM
- South Korea to Investigate Whether Apple and Other App Store Operators Violate In-App Payment Law