It's Just An Illusion
Cool Waste Of Time - It's Just An Illusion
by , 2:20 PM EDT, August 10th, 2005
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a persistent one.
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Optical illusions are cool; just ask any Escher fan. What would be even cooler is if there was a Web site chock full of optical illusions. Well, feast your peepers on this installment of A Cool Waste of Time.
The eyes have it.
Seeing is believing.
Tell me, and I may believe you: Show me, and I'll believe my eyes.
For centuries, magicians have used all sorts of tricks to fool our eyes, making us believe that they can levitate elephants, regurgitate an endless stream of colorful handkerchiefs, and make anything from coins to cars disappear.
Are those circles really rotating? Are those dots actually disappearing? Tilt your head just right and prepare to be amazed. Michael Bach's site contains 55 of the best optical illusions we've ever seen, each with an explanation as to how and why they work.
Take a look. Good stuff!
Do you have a Cool Waste of Time you found on the Internet? Tell Vern Seward all about it, and he's pass it around...
- Wed, 2:22 PM
- Airpods and Apple Music Unleashed – TMO Daily Observations 2021-10-20
- Wed, 1:55 PM
- Trying to Understand Why The Apple Music Voice Plan Exists
- Wed, 1:10 PM
- Airborne Drone Deliveries to Start in Dallas-Fort Worth
- Wed, 1:01 PM
- 'NBA 2K22 Arcade Edition' Now Available to Play on Apple Arcade
- Wed, 12:44 PM
- iOS 15: Navigating the New Tab Bar in Safari
- Wed, 12:40 PM
- Apple Announces 'Tech Talks 2021' to Connect Developers With Apple Experts
- Wed, 11:30 AM
- HYPER Launches Two GaN Charging Products on Indiegogo
- Wed, 11:14 AM
- Visualizing the 71 Times Pundits Have Declared Apple Dead
- Wed, 10:56 AM
- Twelve South Releases Minimalist 'PowerPic Mod' Wireless Charger
- Wed, 10:49 AM
- Make Your iPhone's Music Sound Better With an Audiogram
- Wed, 9:17 AM
- Nanoleaf Lines Improve Decor Possibilities in Smart Lighting
- Wed, 9:05 AM
- North Vancouver Plans to Use Electricity From Bitcoin Mining for Heat