Lowel Introduces Ego Digital Imaging Lighting System
TMO at Macworld - Lowel Introduces Ego Digital Imaging Lighting System
by , 1:25 PM EDT, July 14th, 2005
BOSTON -- At Macworld Boston, Lowel introduced the Lowel Ego, a lighting system for photography, digital photography, digital video, and Webcam use.
Digital cameras are great, but one drawback on many models is that the tiny little built-in flash produces less than optimum results. Messing around with the controls can sometimes reveal a camera mode that can eliminate the need for a flash, but at the expense of having a very steady hand or tripod. Another solution is to have decent lighting so you don't need a flash. The team at Lowel has introduced the Lowel Ego to help with these situations.
Lowel Ego Lighting System
The Lowel Ego uses two 27 watt custom daylight fluorescent lamps, with a life of at least 5,000 hours. The system also includes a bounce reflector, to provide even lighting, especially for larger subjects. Ego can also be used for DV talking head shots, digital still portraits, and webcam desktop video conferencing. The entire system lists for $125.
- Wed, 7:28 PM
- ACM 375: Google Want to be Your Ride, Tim Cook's Message Pivot
- Wed, 6:49 PM
- Is There Anything Apple Can't Do? That's Now a Problem
- Wed, 5:51 PM
- Every Apple Keynote Since 1997 at a Glance
- Wed, 5:27 PM
- The Ultimate Mac Cyber Security Bundle: $49.99
- Wed, 4:39 PM
- Judge Rejects Monster's Claims in Beats Lawsuit
- Wed, 2:00 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-31: Monster v Beats Lawsuit Implodes, Dropbox Data Breach
- Wed, 12:47 PM
- Update your iOS 9.x Devices Now!
- Wed, 10:54 AM
- It's Official: Stranger Things Season 2 is Coming in 2017
- Wed, 10:25 AM
- Apple's iCloud gets 2TB Storage Tier Ahead of iPhone Launch
- Wed, 9:35 AM
- OS X: Use a Keyboard Shortcut for Display Mirroring
- Tue, 9:56 PM
- Idle Thoughts on Google Entering Ride-Sharing Business in San Francisco
- Tue, 7:06 PM
- iTrip Clip Makes Your Headphones Wireless Ahead of iPhone 7 Launch