Piper Jaffray: iPods, Macs Gain Share of Amazon's Top Seller Lists
TMO Reports - Piper Jaffray: iPods, Macs Gain Share of Amazon's Top Seller Lists
by , 12:15 PM EDT, August 18th, 2005
Piper Jaffray's latest research report, a copy of which was obtained by The Mac Observer, reviews Apple's product standing on Amazon's Top Seller Lists compared to a month ago. iPods now occupy the entire Top 10 list for MP3 players, up from holding nine spots in July, while Macs now account for 12 of the Top 20 computers, an all-time high according to analyst Gene Munster.
Mr. Munster notes that last month, Macs accounted for eight slots in the Top 20, and six months ago there were seven models on the list.
He also sees increased lead times for shipping the 2.7GHz Power Mac G5 and the 15-inch PowerBook with Combo drive, which leads him to "believe Apple is winding down production of Macs with the G5 2.7, which has resulted in tighter supply of its Power Mac and PowerBooks at the Paris Expo in September."
Mr. Munster also reviewed the Top Seller list for all electronics, finding that the 20GB iPod is number one and the 4GB silver iPod mini is number three. Three other iPod models occupy spots in the Top 20. With five devices in the Top 20, Mr. Munster writes: "We believe [this] further supports Apple's stronghold of the MP3 player market."
Piper Jaffray continues to maintain an "Outperform" rating, with a US$52 52-week target price, for Apple's stock. At 12:15 PM EST on Thursday, Apple's stock was $45.93, down 2.59% for the day. Shares broke the $48 barrier on Monday but have traded lower since then. The Nasdaq and Dow have been lackluster as well.
If you are interested in Apple's stock, join our forum members in the Apple Finance Boards, a moderated forum for Apple Investors and people who are interested in Apple's financial dealings. For other stories regarding Apple's stock activity, visit our updated Apple Stock Watch Special Report.
- Thu, 2:05 PM
- Microsoft’s Psychonauts 2 Available Now on Mac
- Thu, 1:45 PM
- Live-Action 'Speed Racer' Produced by J.J. Abrams Soon to Cross Finish Line for Apple TV+
- Thu, 1:29 PM
- Smart Lighting by Twinkly: Innovative and Fun
- Thu, 1:23 PM
- Apple's WWDC22 Kicks Off June 6 with Keynote--Here's What to Expect
- Thu, 10:40 AM
- How to Add Your Apple Account Card to Wallet
- Thu, 9:15 AM
- Apple Keeps 2022 iPhone Production Target At 220M, 20M Less Than Original Forecast
- Thu, 9:02 AM
- Apple To Increase Salary of U.S. Retail Store Workers, As Retail Chief Dissuades Workers From Unionizing in a Leaked Video
- Thu, 4:45 AM
- In-App Account Deletion Gets A New Deadline, Developers Have Until June 30 To Update Their Apps
- Thu, 4:40 AM
- iPhone SOS Feature Saved A Woman From Getting Assaulted By A Man Who Asked For Help Finding His iPhone
- Thu, 4:27 AM
- Apple’s Mixed Reality Headset May Not be Standalone After All
- Wed, 3:13 PM
- Starting Today Apple Stores Begin Accepting iPhone-to-iPhone Contactless Payment
- Wed, 2:29 PM
- Leaked Document Suggests Apple is Looking for More Female-Driven Content for TV+