Intel Macs Still on Target for June '06; More PowerPC Macs in the Pipeline
TMO Reports - Intel Macs Still on Target for June '06; More PowerPC Macs in the Pipeline
by , 5:50 PM EDT, October 11th, 2005
During Tuesday's conference call with analysts, Tim Cook, Apple's Executive Vice-President of Worldwide Sales and Operations, confirmed that Intel Macs are still on target for shipping by next June. In addition, he said: "I will tell you that we have some very cool PowerPCs in the pipeline, and we are very focused on our current line-up."
Many analysts have expressed concern over the possible risk to Mac sales posed by the transition to Intel processors. When SG Cowen's Richard Chu asked if there were any possible caveats to the current quarter's sales guidance, Apple CFO Peter Oppenheimer replied: "I am not going to get into everything that we have factored into our guidance. We have given you our guidance, and we are reasonably confident that we can achieve it."
Mr. Oppenheimer continued: "As regard to our Intel announcement, as Tim said, we have seen no obvious impact to our business in the September quarter, but we are continuing to monitor it."
While rumors of a video iPod and other new MP3 players have dominated the talk concerning Wednesday's media event, some Web sites have speculated that Apple will also introduce updated desktops and/or laptops.
- Tue, 5:50 AM
- 1 Year Subscription to Instaread: $24.99
- Mon, 8:14 PM
- That Time Tim Cook Spanked Uber CEO Kalanick for Breaking the Rules
- Mon, 7:32 PM
- Apple Snags Another AR/VR Expert, this Time from NASA
- Mon, 6:41 PM
- ecobee4 HomeKit Smart Thermostat Teased Ahead of May 5 Unveiling
- Mon, 6:40 PM
- Siri Could Access Federal Information One Day
- Mon, 5:37 PM
- A Network Scanner Helps You Secure Your Wi-Fi Router
- Mon, 4:45 PM
- Apple's Next Mac Pro Will Require a Change in Design Philosophy
- Mon, 3:51 PM
- TMO Background Mode Interview with The Verge Senior Editor Lauren Goode
- Mon, 3:30 PM
- Apple Hires Final Cut Virtual Reality Plugin Maker Tim Dashwood
- Mon, 2:29 PM
- iPhone 8 Delays, Apple's Satellite Pros - TMO Daily Observations 2017-04-24
- Mon, 1:48 PM
- Steel-Housing Lightning Cable in Black, Gold, Rose Gold: $29.99
- Mon, 11:49 AM
- OLED Display Issues Pushing iPhone 8 Release to Late 2017