Quark Buys ALAP
Quark Buys ALAP
by , 1:05 PM EST, December 14th, 2005
Quark announced that it has acquired A Lowly Apprentice Production Inc (ALAP) on Wednesday. ALAP produces add-on software that enhances the functionality of page layout applications, like Quark's QuarkXPress. The sale of ALAP gives Quark the company's full product line, including plug-ins for Adobe InDesign, Quark's biggest competitor.
Quark plans on developing a closer collaboration between its products, and the XTensions ALAP makes for them. It also will use ALAP technologies to enhance QuarkXPress 7, which is still in development.
ALAP President, Paul Schmitt, will become Quark's Vice President of Product Development, and eventually the ALAP offices in California will be relocated to Quark's Denver, Colorado, headquarters.
There is no word yet on the fate of ALAP's plug-ins for InDesign and Acrobat. Quark's statement in its FAQ regarding the acquisition states "We are finalizing the transition plan and we are evaluating product roadmap and the integration of ALAP's products into the Quark family."
- Tue, 9:49 PM
- Apple Releases Logic Pro X 10.3.1 with Security Fix, Improved Regions and iOS GarageBand Support
- Tue, 9:32 PM
- Apple Takes Us on iPhone 7 'One Night' Tours of NYC, Johannesburg, Shanghai, Tokyo
- Tue, 8:09 PM
- Apple App Store Revenues Hit $40 Per User, While Average Downloads Decrease
- Tue, 7:11 PM
- Han Solo Star Wars Movie Starts Filming
- Tue, 6:52 PM
- Apple Watch 3 Shipping in Fall, Switching to Glass-film Touch Surface
- Tue, 6:21 PM
- Apple Remote Desktop Updated with Touch Bar Support
- Tue, 4:07 PM
- Here’s the TV Set-Top Box Apple Could Have Built: Caavo
- Tue, 2:47 PM
- New iPad Pro and iPhone SE Report - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-21
- Tue, 11:51 AM
- Apple Using PrimeSense Tech for iPhone 8 3D Front Facing Camera
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Stress Blocks: $14.99
- Tue, 5:19 AM
- Rumors about March Apple Event for iPhone SE and iPads Get Serious
- Mon, 7:24 PM
- Game of Thrones 'A Dance with Dragons' iBooks Enhanced Edition on Preorder