Intel Gets a Facelift
Intel Gets a Facelift
by , 8:50 AM EST, December 30th, 2005
Intel is revamping its corporate and product branding to reflect its growth outside of the PC chip market, according to the New York Times. The re-branding comes as a part of Intel's move towards developing products that will be part of a "digital home." Intel's collaboration with Apple, already seen by some as the future leader in digital home entertainment, will help to build a more friendly reputation for the chip manufacturer.
The re-branding effort is being overseen by Intel's Senior Vice President, Eric B. Kim. His team is changing Intel's logo, and doing away with the "Intel Inside" slogan. The new tag line will be "Leap Ahead," to tie together the company's different platforms.
Intel is expected to talk about the new consumer technologies it is developing at the CES Expo in Las Vegas, which runs from January 5 through January 8, 2006. Paul S. Otellini, Inte's CEO, will most likely highlight Viiv, its home entertainment chip set, and Core (code named "Yonah"), a low powered processor for portable computers. The Core chip is rumored to be the heart of Apple's upcoming Intel-based iBooks and PowerBooks.
The public release of the Core chip will be a week before Apple Computer CEO, Steve Jobs, takes the stage at Macworld Expo in San Francisco to talk about his company's road map for 2006. Industry experts and Mac users are speculating that Mr. Jobs will surprise us with an iBook or PowerBook based on the Core chip several months ahead of schedule. If he does, one thing is certain: It won't have an "Intel Inside" sticker on it.
- Mon, 3:35 PM
- Apple Releases watchOS 7.5 Release Candidate
- Mon, 3:16 PM
- macOS Big Sur 11.4 Release Candidate Released
- Mon, 2:51 PM
- Someone Made a Functioning Guitar Made From iPhones
- Mon, 1:56 PM
- Martellaro Monday with the Dream Team – TMO Daily Observations 2021-05-17
- Mon, 1:50 PM
- Wirelessly Charge AirPods, Apple Watch, iPhone at the Same Time: $32.99
- Mon, 1:42 PM
- iOS 14.6 Developer Release Candidate Includes Apple Card Family and Podcast Subscriptions
- Mon, 1:16 PM
- 'Charlie Bit my Finger' to be Auctioned as an NFT... Then Deleted
- Mon, 12:46 PM
- Inside The Episode Four of Apple TV+ 'The Mosquito Coast'
- Mon, 12:09 PM
- Apple Unveils 2021 Pride Watch Bands and Faces
- Mon, 9:54 AM
- Spatial Audio With Dolby Atmos and Lossless Audio Comes to Apple Music
- Mon, 9:18 AM
- Official Trailer for Prince Harry, Oprah Apple TV+ Series Emerges
- Mon, 7:30 AM
- Passwords, Mesh WiFi, Quick Tips, and More — Mac Geek Gab 871