TMO at Macworld - IMSI Returns to Mac Market with Updated TurboCAD Products
by , 1:30 PM EST, January 13th, 2006
SAN FRANCISCO -- IMSI may have taken some by surprise by appearing at this week's Macworld Expo, since the company abandoned the Mac market in the late 90s, but the company is back, and showing updated versions of their TurboCAD and TurboCAD 3D products. We spent a few moments with Bob Mayer, Executive VP, to learn about the products.
After a long absence from the Mac market, IMSI reintroduced TurboCAD Macintosh, their 2D product, in June of 2005. At the price point of US$99, just about anyone can get involved in drafting and design, with over 275 design tools and 8,000 symbols at their disposal. The product can import 15 file formats, and export to 11 file formats, making it easy to interact with other programs.
A few months later, they released TurboCAD 3D Macintosh, which build on the functionality of the 2D product, and includes a comprehensive set of surface and solid modeling and editing tools, making creation of complex shapes a snap. This version sports a 11,000 + 2D/3D part library. It is priced at US$495, far below many other 3D modeling tools.
Free trials of both products are available via the IMSI web site.
- Sat, 9:00 AM
- The Mac Observer's iOS 10 Tip Roundup
- Sat, 8:30 AM
- J.D. Powers Finds Apple Music Customers Have Highest Customer Satisfaction
- Fri, 10:21 PM
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II Hits Mac and Linux
- Fri, 4:54 PM
- Evidence is Mounting: Apple Will Convert the Macs to ARM CPUs
- Fri, 1:38 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-30: iPhone Lightning Headphone Adapters, Listener Comments
- Fri, 12:03 PM
- A Game of Thrones Gets Enhanced Edition Exclusive to iBooks
- Fri, 11:25 AM
- macOS Sierra: Fast Sound Settings from the Menu Bar
- Fri, 11:24 AM
- iLDOCK on Kickstarter: Lightning Port and Headphone Jack for iPhone 7
- Fri, 10:00 AM
- Get 8 Mac Utilities for Free
- Fri, 9:57 AM
- CW Shows Come to Apple TV, No Cable Subscription Required
- Thu, 9:34 PM
- Safari 10: Hide Flash from Every Website Except Some
- Thu, 6:53 PM
- Use 3D Touch in LINE to Read Messages without a Read Receipt