MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- HYFY Pro 1-Year Plan: $25
- Fri, 8:00 AM
- King of the Hill Intro in Pixel Art
- Thu, 8:19 PM
- Eddy Cue Dampens Expectations for Original Apple TV Programming
- Thu, 7:33 PM
- Mad Max Available on Mac App Store and Steam
- Thu, 6:25 PM
- Satechi Slim Rechargeable Aluminum Bluetooth Keypads
- Thu, 4:44 PM
- Apple Will Likely Let the 2013 Mac Pro Quietly Die
- Thu, 1:58 PM
- MacBook Pro's Function Touch Strip Called Magic Toolbar
- Thu, 1:05 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-20: Apple's 'hello again' Media Event Predictions
- Thu, 9:39 AM
- watchOS 3: How to Use Emergency SOS
- Thu, 9:00 AM
- The Mac Power Organizer Bundle
- Wed, 8:04 PM
- E Ink Keyboard MacBook Pros Aren't a Sure Thing
- Wed, 6:28 PM
- IK Multimedia Announces MODO Bass Modeling Software for Mac