MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Sun, 10:47 AM
- How do I choose a UPS? – Mac Geek Gab 646
- Sun, 1:15 AM
- Get Free Bitcoins from 11 Faucets That (Still) Pay
- Sat, 9:42 PM
- How to Turn Siri into a Metronome (Video)
- Fri, 10:17 PM
- Stanford's 'Developing iOS 10 Apps with Swift' free on iTunes U
- Fri, 8:20 PM
- iPhone Screen Repairs By Third Parties Now Get Some Warranty Coverage
- Fri, 7:56 PM
- Amazon Goes with First Amendment to Protect Alexa Recordings
- Fri, 6:28 PM
- An App that Automatically Notifies People of Your Trip Progress
- Fri, 5:51 PM
- Apple and Silicon Valley Struggle to Navigate Trump's Waters
- Fri, 5:43 PM
- The Thinking Behind a Female Voice for Siri
- Fri, 5:13 PM
- Enjoy Outdoors Activities With These Top 5 iPhone Apps
- Fri, 2:01 PM
- Amazon's Echo First Amendment Rights Fight - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-24
- Fri, 10:01 AM
- iTunes Remote App gets Two-Factor Authentication Support