MacBook Pro Ships
MacBook Pro Ships
by , 8:35 AM EST, February 14th, 2006
Apple began shipping the new Intel-based MacBook Pro on Tuesday morning. Two 15-inch models are available: a 1.83GHz for US$1,999, and a 2GHz model for $2,499, both using the Intel Core Duo processor. The 1.83GHz model will start shipping next week, and the 2GHz model is shipping this week. People that ordered a MacBook Pro early should start seeing deliveries in the next few days.
Apple has also added a new build-to-order 2.16GHz Core Duo processor option for 2GHz model for an additional $300.
Philip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, commented "The new MacBook Pro includes even faster Intel Core Duo processors than originally announced, up to 2.16 GHz, and we think customers are going to love them."
Upgrade a 2GHz MacBook Pro to 2.16GHz for $300.
The MacBook Pro replaces the PowerPC-based PowerBook G4. New orders are showing a 3-4 week ship time.
- Tue, 1:42 PM
- 1Password Partners With Privacy for Virtual Credit Cards
- Tue, 1:32 PM
- YouTuber Explains the New iOS 14 Spatial Audio Feature
- Tue, 11:54 AM
- Bing Data Leak Exposes Search Queries, Location Data, More
- Tue, 9:19 AM
- Watch Tim Cook’s Interview at The Atlantic Festival
- Mon, 7:17 PM
- The Mac Observer Co-founder Dave Hamilton - BGM Interview
- Mon, 5:53 PM
- Apple Watch Series 6 Teardown Finds Bigger Batteries, More Taptic Engine
- Mon, 4:05 PM
- Apple TV+: Ted Lasso Soothes our 2020 Soul
- Mon, 3:17 PM
- Mark Zuckeberg Fights European Regulators
- Mon, 2:54 PM
- AirBeamTV Screen Mirroring from Mac to Smart TV: $18.99
- Mon, 2:26 PM
- Speck Launches Cases for iPad 8 and iPad Air 4
- Mon, 2:20 PM
- Complicated iPad Purchasing, Bryan's New Watch – TMO Daily Observations 2020-09-21
- Mon, 1:56 PM
- Photography App ‘VSCO’ Launches Text Tool