Feral Launches Mini-Site for The Movies Game
Mac Gaming News - Feral Launches Mini-Site for The Movies Game
by , 2:45 PM EDT, June 9th, 2006
Feral Interactive on Friday launched a mini site for its upcoming game The Movies, featuring a plethora of downloadable content, including a walkthrough video recorded by creator Peter Molyneux. The game features two modes of play: Sandbox, in which players simply make movies; and Story, where players strive to build a successful film studio.
Players can make a wide range of movies, from romantic comedies to science-fiction epics, striving to turn unknowns into movie stars and taking control of every aspect of production, from writing scripts to editing the final result. Since sharing movies with others over the Internet requires using the WMV format, Feral will bundle the utility Flip4Mac to enable Mac users to make the conversion within The Movies.
The Mac version of The Movies will also offer integration with iTunes, GarageBand, and iMovie, enabling the use of tracks from those applications within the game. Sharing movies with copyrighted music in them over the Internet is forbidden, however.
MacGameFiles is hosting an exclusive trailer for the game.
Feral's Web site also features a variety of other video guides about the game, as well as screenshots and other information. The Movies will cost US$49.95 when it ships. The game is a Universal Binary that will require Mac OS X v10.3, a 1GHz processor, 256MB RAM, 32MB Video RAM, 3GB free hard drive space, and a DVD drive. Mac OS X v10.4, a 1.4GHz processor, 512MB RAM, and 64MB Video RAM are recommended.
- Sat, 1:34 AM
- Tim Cook Pivots to Play Active Role in Shaping Apple Narrative
- Fri, 8:35 PM
- Fri, 3:35 PM
- Soundjump Bluetooth Speaker Has Built-In Portable Charger: $104.99
- Fri, 3:21 PM
- How to Opt Out of WhatsApp's Facebook Data Sharing
- Fri, 1:29 PM
- Get Your 80s Synth on with the Stranger Things Soundtrack on Apple Music
- Fri, 12:43 PM
- The iPad Pro 9.7-inch Keyboard Case for Road Warriors
- Fri, 11:00 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-26: Interview with Fling's Dave Hamilton
- Fri, 10:00 AM
- Seeing a Folder's Size in the Terminal
- Thu, 7:20 PM
- The Battery That's Lasted 176 Years
- Thu, 6:32 PM
- Enough with iPhone Headphone Jack Kvetching
- Thu, 6:30 PM
- How to Enable Apple Watch Screenshots in watchOS 3
- Thu, 6:11 PM
- Apple Patches Critical Zero-Day Data Security Exploit in iOS 9.3.5 Update