TMO at Macworld - TMO's Survey Results for AppleTV
by , 11:15 AM EST, January 11th, 2007
SAN FRANCISCO -- The Mac Observer conducted a random and informal survey of 55 people attending the Macworld Conference and Expo Wednesday to get an idea of the way that HD and AppleTV is fitting into Mac users' lives. About 65% of those surveyed said that they would be pursuing an Apple TV.
Three questions were posed.
1. Do you own a Macintosh?
2. Do you own a high definition TV?
3. Are you interested in pursuing Apple's "Apple TV" product announced yesterday?
The survey was taken well away from the Apple booth. Here are the results.
OWNERSHIP "YES" "NO" --- --- Macintosh only 25 10 Macintosh and HDTV 8 4 HDTV Only 1 1 Neither 2 4
If people did not own an HDTV, they were asked if they would pursue an Apple TV when they bought the HDTV.
The fraction of those surveyed who said they would pursue an Apple TV ("Yes") was 36 out of 55, about 65%. Two customers offered that they had already placed their orders. About a fourth of those surveyed already own an HDTV.
This was an informal, non-rigorous survey intended simply to gauge the feelings of Macworld attendees.
- Fri, 10:59 PM
- Apple Pay Used to Buy $1M Aston Martin DB5 Luxury Car
- Fri, 10:23 PM
- Perpetrator of Friday's Internet Outage Comes Clean
- Fri, 9:35 PM
- macOS Sierra: Disable Auto-Logout if Sierra Enabled It
- Fri, 6:26 PM
- Apple Regent Street Opening Photo Gallery
- Fri, 5:59 PM
- Apple and IBM Partnership: Macs, iOS and Watson Are The Glue
- Fri, 5:05 PM
- Teens Steal $13,000 in iPhones from Natick Collection Apple Store
- Fri, 1:41 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-21: iPhone 7 Fire, Microsoft Surface on the Rise
- Fri, 11:22 AM
- iPhone 7 Blamed for Car Fire
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- HYFY Pro 1-Year Plan: $25
- Fri, 8:00 AM
- King of the Hill Intro in Pixel Art
- Thu, 8:19 PM
- Eddy Cue Dampens Expectations for Original Apple TV Programming
- Thu, 7:33 PM
- Mad Max Available on Mac App Store and Steam