X-Rite Buys Pantone
X-Rite Buys Pantone
by , 12:05 PM EDT, August 24th, 2007
X-Rite announced on Friday that it has entered into a definitive agreement to buy Pantone for US$180 million. X-Rite is known for its color measurement and matching products, and Pantone is recognized as a world leader in color design and is also the creator of the industry standard Pantone Matching System, or PMS.
X-Rite and Pantone Join Forces
Pantone's PMS products have become the standard in many printing and publishing companies for color matching and selection. The company has also branched out to offer color standard products to other industries including Web design and textiles.
Tom Vacchiano, X-Rite CEO commented "This iconic brand is the perfect complement to X-Rite's business bringing Pantone's expertise and market position in color communication and standards to our color solutions product offerings."
Pantone and X-Rite have been collaborating for the past two years, and have released joint products including the huey and hueyPRO monitor calibration devices.
The two companies plan to close the deal in fall 2007.
- Thu, 4:40 PM
- Carrot's Idiot Maker Tried to Unbox Their Apple Design Award - It Didn't Go Well
- Thu, 4:21 PM
- Rep. Joe Morelle Introduces Right to Repair Legislation in House of Representatives
- Thu, 4:15 PM
- Netflix Takes Almost the Same Percentage of TV Usage as Apple TV+, HBO Max, Paramount+, Peacock and Discovery+ Combined
- Thu, 2:48 PM
- This Man Warned Apple About China Years Ago
- Thu, 1:44 PM
- Try Out The New Safari 15 Features With Safari Technology Preview
- Thu, 1:18 PM
- Apple Slashes Cost of AppleCare+ Plans for M1 MacBook Air and MacBook Pro
- Thu, 1:06 PM
- Thursdays with Bob: Gifts and WWDC Summary – TMO Daily Observations 2021-06-17
- Thu, 12:59 PM
- What Struck Dr. Mac at WWDC 2021...
- Thu, 12:54 PM
- Full RuneScape is Now Available for iPhone and iPad
- Thu, 12:50 PM
- 'The Shrink Next Door' Premieres on Apple TV+ November 12
- Thu, 12:43 PM
- Hyper’s New USB-C HDMI Adapter Supports 8K at 60Hz
- Thu, 10:28 AM
- New Malware Infects Software Pirates and Blocks The Pirate Bay