TMO at MWSF - Macworld by the Numbers
by , 3:40 PM EST, January 15th, 2008
SAN FRANCISCO - Steve Jobs, in addition to his four part keynote, spiced up the presentation with a lot of numbers that told the story of Apple's recent sales successes.
• Apple has sold 5 million copies of Leopard in three months. It was the most successful OS release in Apple's history. Mr. Jobs estimated that 19 percent of Mac users are using Leopard and 81 percent are on Tiger.
• Four million iPhones have been sold since the launch, exactly 200 days ago. That's an average of 20,000 iPhones per day. In the overall market in the U.S. for smart phones, the iPhone market share is 19.5%. That's exceeded only by RIM at 39%.
- RIM - 39%
- Apple - 19.5%
- Palm - 9.8%
- Motorola - 7.4%
- Nokia 3.1%
- All other 21.2%
These number are for the third quarter of 2007, and Apple expects the numbers to be even better for the 4th quarter.
• iTunes. Apple has sold 4 billion songs with a record breaking 20 million songs on Christmas day. There are 6 million songs in available to purchase. Apple has sold 125 million TV shows and 7 million movies. The last two numbers are more than all other sources combined.
YouTube has 50 million videos available. There are 125,000 video and audio podcasts available to iTunes.
It's likely that the sheer size of these numbers were instrumental in bringing all the Hollywood studos on board with the Apple TV, take 2.
- Fri, 10:17 PM
- Stanford's 'Developing iOS 10 Apps with Swift' free on iTunes U
- Fri, 8:20 PM
- iPhone Screen Repairs By Third Parties Now Get Some Warranty Coverage
- Fri, 7:56 PM
- Amazon Goes with First Amendment to Protect Alexa Recordings
- Fri, 6:28 PM
- An App that Automatically Notifies People of Your Trip Progress
- Fri, 5:51 PM
- Apple and Silicon Valley Struggle to Navigate Trump's Waters
- Fri, 5:43 PM
- The Thinking Behind a Female Voice for Siri
- Fri, 5:13 PM
- Enjoy Outdoors Activities With These Top 5 iPhone Apps
- Fri, 2:01 PM
- Amazon's Echo First Amendment Rights Fight - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-24
- Fri, 10:01 AM
- iTunes Remote App gets Two-Factor Authentication Support
- Fri, 9:00 AM
- Disk Drill PRO 3 for Mac for $34.99
- Thu, 6:33 PM
- 7 Reasons For Apple to Discontinue the Mac Pro
- Thu, 6:02 PM
- Can WALTR 2 Really Be Your iTunes Replacement?