Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
WWDC 08 - Apple Announces MobileMe, Will Replace .Mac
by , 3:00 PM EDT, June 9th, 2008
Apple is giving it's .Mac service a major overhaul and rebranding it as MobileMe. The service will support live pushing emails, contacts, and calendar events from your computer to an iPhone or iPod touch, and will also include 20GB of online storage.
Goodbye .Mac, hello MobileMe
MobileMe will also sport a set of Web-based applications at me.com for managing personal information, photos and documents online. It will include the MobileMe Gallery for sharing photos online, and MobileMe iDisk for online document storage.
The service will be compatible with Mac OS X 10.4.11 and higher, and Windows XP Home or Professional SP2 or later. It will also require iPhone or iPod touch 2.0 software, which will be available in early July.
Current .Mac subscribers will automatically be upgraded to MobileMe for free.
MobileMe will be available in July for US$99 a year.
- Tue, 8:09 PM
- Apple App Store Revenues Hit $40 Per User, While Average Downloads Decrease
- Tue, 7:11 PM
- Han Solo Star Wars Movie Starts Filming
- Tue, 6:52 PM
- Apple Watch 3 Shipping in Fall, Switching to Glass-film Touch Surface
- Tue, 6:21 PM
- Apple Remote Desktop Updated with Touch Bar Support
- Tue, 4:07 PM
- Here’s the TV Set-Top Box Apple Could Have Built: Caavo
- Tue, 2:47 PM
- New iPad Pro and iPhone SE Report - TMO Daily Observations 2017-02-21
- Tue, 11:51 AM
- Apple Using PrimeSense Tech for iPhone 8 3D Front Facing Camera
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Stress Blocks: $14.99
- Tue, 5:19 AM
- Rumors about March Apple Event for iPhone SE and iPads Get Serious
- Mon, 7:24 PM
- Game of Thrones 'A Dance with Dragons' iBooks Enhanced Edition on Preorder
- Mon, 5:53 PM
- Returning to U.S. With iPhone? What Are Your Rights?
- Mon, 4:48 PM
- Hidden Folks is the Whimsically Fun Hidden Object Game You Need on Your iPhone and iPad