Apple Goes For Knockout Blow Against Psystar
TMO Reports - Apple Goes For Knockout Blow Against Psystar
by , 2:05 PM EDT, October 1st, 2008
Apple is going for the proverbial knockout blow against Psystar by filing for a request to dismiss Psystar's countersuit with prejudice. If granted, it would knock the wind out of Psystar's defenses.
In court documents filed by Apple yesterday, Apple's lead counsel James Gilliland is seeking a dismissal of Pystar's countersuit, which invokes the Sherman Antitrust act, with prejudice. Extensive case history was cited to show why the Psystar countersuit based on Antitrust does not apply.
The court will hear Apple's request for dismissal of the countersuit on November 6th.
If the court agrees and dismisses the countersuit, it will have grave consequences for Pystar's defense in Apple's original suit against them, an attorney who is following the case, but asked not to be identified, told TMO. That's because the principle claim of the countersuit, antitrust, is also part of Psystar's defense. Hence a dismissal of the countersuit would deliver "a knockout punch" by Apple.
Apple filed its suit against Psystar in July alleging violation of its shrink wrap license, trademark and copyright infringement for bundling Apple's Mac OS X with its PC clones. Opinions have varied about whether an Antitrust defense by Psystar would work.
- Thu, 7:20 PM
- The Battery That's Lasted 176 Years
- Thu, 6:32 PM
- Enough with iPhone Headphone Jack Kvetching
- Thu, 6:30 PM
- How to Enable Apple Watch Screenshots in watchOS 3
- Thu, 6:11 PM
- Apple Patches Critical Zero-Day Data Security Exploit in iOS 9.3.5 Update
- Thu, 4:22 PM
- The Complete iOS 9 and 10 Development Bundle:
- Thu, 12:22 PM
- Three Ways to Free Up Space on your iPhone and Remove Old App Data
- Thu, 11:48 AM
- Adam West and Burt Ward Return for Batman '66 Animated Movie
- Thu, 11:08 AM
- Apple Music Festival Starts Sept 18 with Elton John
- Thu, 11:00 AM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-08-25: Interview with Ruby Calling's Jean MacDonald
- Thu, 9:23 AM
- OS X: Opening an App When You Log In
- Wed, 9:46 PM
- What You Need to Know about the U.S. Defending Apple's European Taxes
- Wed, 6:01 PM
- ACM 374: The Apple Narrative, Music Industry Directives, and Samsung's Spoiled Milk