Apple Goes For Knockout Blow Against Psystar
TMO Reports - Apple Goes For Knockout Blow Against Psystar
by , 2:05 PM EDT, October 1st, 2008
Apple is going for the proverbial knockout blow against Psystar by filing for a request to dismiss Psystar's countersuit with prejudice. If granted, it would knock the wind out of Psystar's defenses.
In court documents filed by Apple yesterday, Apple's lead counsel James Gilliland is seeking a dismissal of Pystar's countersuit, which invokes the Sherman Antitrust act, with prejudice. Extensive case history was cited to show why the Psystar countersuit based on Antitrust does not apply.
The court will hear Apple's request for dismissal of the countersuit on November 6th.
If the court agrees and dismisses the countersuit, it will have grave consequences for Pystar's defense in Apple's original suit against them, an attorney who is following the case, but asked not to be identified, told TMO. That's because the principle claim of the countersuit, antitrust, is also part of Psystar's defense. Hence a dismissal of the countersuit would deliver "a knockout punch" by Apple.
Apple filed its suit against Psystar in July alleging violation of its shrink wrap license, trademark and copyright infringement for bundling Apple's Mac OS X with its PC clones. Opinions have varied about whether an Antitrust defense by Psystar would work.
- Tue, 8:43 PM
- Apple Says It Will Return to Revenue Growth in December Quarter
- Tue, 7:07 PM
- Tim Cook: Giving Up Privacy with Siri and AI is a False Choice
- Tue, 5:51 PM
- macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Leaks New MacBook Pro Images
- Tue, 5:02 PM
- Apple Beats Guidance with Q4 Earnings, Guides Q4 Above Consensus
- Tue, 2:20 PM
- Existing Home Routers Could Be Used to Stop DDoS Botnet Attacks
- Tue, 1:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-25: iMessage Wish List, Original iPod Music Collection
- Tue, 11:55 AM
- MyScript Nebo iPad Pro Note Taking App Temporarily a Free Download
- Tue, 10:52 AM
- tvOS 10.0.1 Update Improves Security, Skips Single Sign-on
- Tue, 9:46 AM
- AAPL Q4 2016 Earnings Report Coverage this Afternoon
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Last Chance for The Award-Winning Mac Bundle
- Tue, 8:00 AM
- The 20 CDs Steve Jobs Gave Journalists with the First iPod
- Mon, 6:43 PM
- Apple Fixes Two-Factor Authentication Setup Bug