TMO Contest - Get Into Macworld Expo with Your Inner Bard
by , 8:05 PM EST, November 10th, 2008
The Mac Observer wants to get you into Macworld Expo 2009 in San Francisco, but we'll need a little something in return. Send us an original haiku by November 23, and if we like yours best you'll win a Power Tools Conference pass valued at US$925, and one runner up will walk away with a Users Conference pass worth $350.
Here are the rules:
- Your haiku must be original.
- You can submit as many haiku as you want, and it doesn't cost anything to enter.
- Your haiku can be on any topic, but any that relate to TMO, the Mac, Macworld Expo, or anything else Apple-related are more likely to catch our eye.
- All entries will be judged by the TMO staff, and we have the final say on who wins.
- Winners are responsible for their own travel expenses and other costs. Sorry, we aren't picking up the bill for your whole trip.
- Winners will be notified on November 26 via email and on the TMO Web site (well-ahead of the December 1 cutoff for Macworld Expo Early Bird pricing).
- Send your submissions to
A haiku is a poem made up of three phrases with five, seven, and five syllables respectively. Here's an example:
San Francisco bound
Hoping for Power Tools pass
Macworld here I come
The Power Tools Conference pass includes up to two Power Tools, access to the Feature Presentations, Keynote access (based on seating availability) , two lunch tickets for selected days of this conference program, and access to the Expo Hall. The Users Conference pass includes all sessions in the Users Conference, access to the Feature Presentations, Keynote access (based on seating availability), and access to the Expo Hall.Macworld Expo runs from January 5 through January 9, 2009, at the Moscone Convention Center in San Francisco. For additional information about the Expo and events, visit the Macworld Expo Web site.
- Sun, 1:58 PM
- A Guide To The New iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Mini
- Sun, 9:58 AM
- How To Type Numbers On iPhone ABC Keyboard
- Sat, 1:58 PM
- What To Know About The New iPad Mini
- Sat, 9:28 AM
- iOS Quick Tip: Assign Contacts Nicknames With Siri
- Fri, 4:37 PM
- Raspberry Pi Smart Home Device Seeks Crowdfunding
- Fri, 4:18 PM
- How To Use FaceTime With Android and More
- Fri, 2:44 PM
- This iPhone 13 Case Gives you a Digital Business Card to Share
- Fri, 2:25 PM
- Do You Have 100 Terabytes of Free Storage? Download the Universe
- Fri, 2:23 PM
- First Look at ‘Foundation’ Coming to Apple TV+
- Fri, 2:08 PM
- FTC Reveals its Study on Acquisitions From Big Tech
- Fri, 2:08 PM
- Apple Moves More Devices from Lightning to USB-C
- Fri, 1:50 PM
- Security Friday: Phishin and Strippin – TMO Daily Observations 2021-09-17