Why is everyone afraid to ask Apple a simple question? Since Apple contends it is only scanning your iPhone for photos you choose to upload to iCloud, why does Apple need to scan anything on your device? Apple, can scan the photos once they are on its servers. The most obvious possibility is dystopian.
Articles by John Kheit [RSS]
Apple’s On-iCloud or Is It On-Device CSAM Scan?
John Kheit · · 5 Comments
John Kheit digs into where Apple’s CSAM scanning is taking place, arguing that where Apple reads your files is super important for privacy.
Apple, You Broke Your Privacy Promises and Our Hearts
John Kheit · · 18 Comments
John sees Apple reversing its commitment to privacy, which he feels has broken the hearts of many apple fans, including his own.
Computer Device Makers Ignore Bit-Flip Errors and Data Corruption
John Kheit · · 9 Comments
Modern devices seem to likely have a bit flipped almost every day, and the problem only gets worse with more memory and smaller fabrication circuits, and John Kheit wants to know why all modern computer and mobile device makers haven’t moved to ECC memory.
- iPhone 14 Plus Fails at Failing - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-22
- Stories Financial Analysts Tell - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-07
- Making India Its Own Thing - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-09
- Questioning the Apple Silicon Mac Pro and Apple’s China Exit - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-02
- Playing the Really Oldies - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-10
- Working Longer and Sleeping Better - TMO Daily Observations 2023-03-14
Apple Pencil Needs an Eraser and Swipe Gestures for Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo, Redo [Update]
John Kheit · · 10 Comments
John Kheit says that he enjoys using his Apple Pencil with the iPad Pro, but argues that it needs a few things to make it a lot more useful.