Chat with The Mac Observer
The Mac Observer invites you to take part in our online discussions at The Mac Observer's Internet chat channel. Connected with other Mac enthusiasts, you can have input on the latest news items and hot issues in the Mac community, or in the world. All you need is our client application: TMO Chat.
TMO Chat is a simple to use program that connects to TMO's channel via Internet Relay Chat (IRC). It sports a GUI interface that makes it super easy to sign on. In fact, in most cases all you need to do is launch the application.
Let's meet the regulars. If you're a member of The Mac Observer Forums, you'll recognize many familiar faces. These users are the most active members on TMO Chat: jvarner, Spider, x136, nougatmachine, Louie, Katherine, FlatEric, Photodan, MOSiX, & jinkies. If you have a question, don't be afraid to speak up or say hi. They'll likely be able to help.
The current topic is listed as, "You'll get your Mac chat here from now on." Really though, we're talking about anything and everything on TMO Chat. Please join us!
Samples from the TMO Chat Archives (random quotes)
"how's it going?" ~stibnite
"You think you're invincible when you're behind the steering wheel of an SUV but you're not. I'm OK but you can imagine I'm still in shock." ~Louie
"socks fit well" ~Photodan
Nominate your favorite quote from TMO Chat.
TMO Live Reporter
TMO Chat's sister application, TMO Live Reporter, uses the same technology as TMO Chat, except you can't send messages back to the client—it's read only. The Mac Observer will be broadcasting important Macworld Conference & Expo news and updates to TMO Live Reporter. You'll want to stay informed during Apple's Keynote Address, when new articles are posted on The Mac Observer, and with any news TMO reporters have from the show.
Of course these two applications make a great tag team. TMO Live Reporter can idle on your computer providing you with instant updates and you can be discussing the news with users across the Internet on TMO Chat.
- Tue, 5:51 PM
- macOS Sierra 10.12.1 Leaks New MacBook Pro Images
- Tue, 5:02 PM
- Apple Beats Guidance with Q4 Earnings, Guides Q4 Above Consensus
- Tue, 2:20 PM
- Existing Home Routers Could Be Used to Stop DDoS Botnet Attacks
- Tue, 1:06 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-10-25: iMessage Wish List, Original iPod Music Collection
- Tue, 11:55 AM
- MyScript Nebo iPad Pro Note Taking App Temporarily a Free Download
- Tue, 10:52 AM
- tvOS 10.0.1 Update Improves Security, Skips Single Sign-on
- Tue, 9:46 AM
- AAPL Q4 2016 Earnings Report Coverage this Afternoon
- Tue, 9:00 AM
- Last Chance for The Award-Winning Mac Bundle
- Tue, 8:00 AM
- The 20 CDs Steve Jobs Gave Journalists with the First iPod
- Mon, 6:43 PM
- Apple Fixes Two-Factor Authentication Setup Bug
- Mon, 6:22 PM
- Anticipation and Joy: Abusing Autonomous Cars For Fun
- Mon, 6:10 PM
- Dyn DDoS Attack Shows IoT's Inherent Security Weakness