Just a Thought - Cracked Carols: PC User's Lament
by- December 22nd, 2005
During this Holiday season, while many brave traffic, parking lots, and Wal-Mart shopping for gifts, many others toil away, working diligently on projects that must be completed before they step away from the office for a short, but well-deserved seasonal vacation.
These hard working people have slaved away, possibly for weeks or months, on these projects, ignoring personal hygiene and pleas from family and friends, eschewing offers of eggnog and mistletoe rendezvous to, instead, finish calculating some mind-numbing spreadsheet, or compiling the last mind-numbingly boring presentation slide.
Unfortunately, many of these same people will wind up foaming at the mouth, and muttering gibberish as they are carted away to the local mental health institution.
The reason for their loss of sanity will likely be the application on the computer they were working on, which, for reasons known only to God and Bill Gates (Are they the same people?) simply stopped working.
To those poor souls destine to spend Christmas and New Year's in a straight jacket, I dedicate this little ditty.
"PC User's Lament"
(Sung to the tune of 'Let It Snow')
I use a PC and I'm a-frettin'
I was in Project and was a-peckin'
is a writer who currently lives in Orlando, FL. He's been a Mac fan since Atari Computers folded, but has worked with computers of nearly every type for 20 years.
Most Recent Columns From Just A Thought
- Apple's New Cards: Aces and Kings? - September 14th
- Power to the People - September 1st
- Too Soon To Zune - August 28th
The Just A Thought Archives
- Tue, 8:29 PM
- Fujitsu Plans ScanSnap Fix for Sierra by Middle October
- Tue, 7:49 PM
- iOS 10: Save a File as PDF to iBooks
- Tue, 7:39 PM
- Apple Needs to Step Up its HealthKit Game Before Making it a Diagnosis Tool
- Tue, 7:08 PM
- How Do You Export Multiple Albums in macOS Sierra Photos?
- Tue, 2:12 PM
- TMO Daily Observations 2016-09-27: HealthKit for Diagnosis, Roku vs Apple TV
- Tue, 1:49 PM
- Pay What You Want for The Award-Winning Mac Bundle
- Tue, 12:50 PM
- iOS 10: Print to PDF With and Without 3D Touch
- Tue, 11:57 AM
- How to Set Up Universal Clipboard for Your Mac and iOS Devices
- Tue, 9:38 AM
- macOS Sierra: Using Tapback in Messages
- Mon, 6:38 PM
- watchOS 3: Mickey and Minnie Mouse Can Now Speak the Time
- Mon, 5:51 PM
- iOS 10: How to Use Maps Extensions
- Mon, 5:07 PM
- TMO Background Mode: Interview with Founder & President of Bombich Software, Mike Bombich