Forum

iOS 12 Will Be Wicked Fast  

RSS

Bob LeVitus
(@bob-levitus)
June 13, 2018 3:04 EST PM  

Dr. Mac's Rants & Raves Epsode #282 Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) took place last week in San Jose, CA. While the bulk of the conference is under non-disclosure and takes place behind doors closed to the media and the general public, the media is invited to the opening keynote, which is streamed live to anyone…

ReplyQuote
wab95
(@wab95)
June 14, 2018 12:15 EST PM  

Nice summary, Bob.

Now that my kids are technically adults (with emphasis on the word, 'technically') they won't be a primary driver of my enjoying Screen Time.

The two features I am looking forward to, apart from the speed and the app feature parity with iOS for the iPhone, include Siri shortcuts and group FaceTime chats. The latter may be a game changer for teleconferences with colleagues who own iOS devices when Skype goes buggy and not everyone has apps like Go-To-Meeting.

I was underwhelmed by the personalised Memoji (didn't look that much like HairForce One during the demo, although TC's did look somewhat him). Not sure that I even want a Memoji, but as the capacity improves, I suspect that iOS will be able to convert your actual face to a true Memoji in time.

ReplyQuote
Bob LeVitus
(@bob-levitus)
June 15, 2018 12:22 EST PM  

I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done with the Shortcuts app and how much of my WorkFlow stuff will continue to function. The Shortcuts app isn't included in the current build, but I await it eagerly. 🙂 

As for memoji, why would I need them? I've got a poop emoji, a unicorn emoji, and more... what else could one man need? 

ReplyQuote
Share: