Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can't send reply to son's Pixel...

RSS

Topic starter

Hi-I am using an iPhone 10S running 15.3.1. Up until yesterday in the afternoon I was able to reply to my son's messages. Ever since the I send a reply and I get the message that the it could not be delivered (in red text). I see a green progress bar at the top but it doesn't go all the way across. 

I tried to send a message in Safe Mode and the same thing happened.

I don't know what else to try. I get the same result on my M1 Mac and iPad Air 3. 

Everything is up to date. Any ideas? 

4 Answers

Green bubble messages are delivering via SMS on your phone - regardless of which device you’re typing them on.

First thing to double check is that the recipient “address” for the message is your son’s phone number and not an email address (sometimes the messages/contacts app will pick up the latter if the recipient has ever had an Apple device/account).

Next thing is to reset your cellular connection on the phone by turning airplane mode on/off. One step further is a full shutdown/restart of the phone.

Other isolation testing would be to check if you can still send to other non-Apple (green bubble) contacts, or even to force green bubble delivery to all contacts by turning off both wifi & cellular data.

Topic starter

Hi Graham-I tried them all. Nothing fixed the issue. I restarted my phone numerous times, sometimes after turning off cellular, wi-fi, etc. to see if that made a difference. His address for messages is his phone number. I turned Airplane mode off and then on. I also couldn't send a message to my brother-in-law who also doesn't have an iPhone. So I am stumped. 

Topic starter

An interesting tidbit... This morning my son (the one with the Pixel) sent a group message (to 3 other people, all with iPhones) and I was able to reply to that conversation!

And just now I sent him a message and sent it to me also using one of my other Mac email addresses AND he got it and I could reply to him! 

So there you go... Not sure what to think of that...

Topic starter

I called Verizon and got up the Level 2 support and she reset something at her end... All is well! Judy

Share: