Forum

iPhone Notification Issues  

RSS

Have an iPhone 8, latest iOS.   few days ago, for no apparent reason I started having issues with my notifications on my history screen. Typically i could tap on a notification and it would bring me to that app...Nest or Instagram, weather or news. When i went back to the history screen, all the rest of the notifications would still be there. Now when i tap, it opens up the appropriate app but then when i go back, most all are gone. Mostly happens with Instagram notifications. Have tried all suggestions found via Google...i.e. resetting notifications, erasing and reinstalling app, resetting network settings, even doing a complete phone erase and reinstall from iCloud.

All to no avail. Any suggestions?

And you’re running iOS 11, yes? I ask only because the iOS 12 betas fundamentally change the way Notifications work, so just curious.

As for this, bizarre. Does Do Not Disturb mode have any impact?

iOS 11 and changing Do Not Disturb has no effect.  Apple Support Chat so far was of no help.  When i nuked and paved, i host Erase All Content and Settings.  Is there a difference if i chose Restore to Factory Settings and then restored?

Share: