Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] iPhone Purchasing Advice

RSS

Topic starter

Need iPhone purchasing advise. Teenage son needs new phone - current phone, iPhone 7 has a shattered screen and bad battery. Two options:

1. Upgrade my wife’s XS Max to the equivalent 13 Pro Max, around $1,100 and then give him her XS Max.

2. Buy him an iPhone 11 - around $500. Wife keeps here existing phone another year. 

Thoughts?

4 Answers

Get the Wife a new iPhone, unless she does not want it (her opinion on this is the key).

Because if you wait a year to get your Wife a new iPhone,  then you will have spent $500 + $1100 next year and you will not have a home for the XS Max, and chances are as a trade-in it will not repay the $500 you spend this year.

Getting the iPhone 13 Pro Max this year is just a single $1100 output instead of $1600 over 2 years.

@datafornothinandbitsforfree Thanks! That makes sense.

i have a iphone 10 but i want to buy new one but little bit i am confused between 12 pro and 13 pro, so anyone here can tell me

i have a iphone 10 but i want to buy new one but little bit i am confused between 12 pro and 13 pro, so anyone here can tell me

Here is a comparison.  The biggest change is the camera

https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/?modelList=iphone12pro,iphone13pro,iphone13

i want to buy new iphone any advice

@nukapop92
Budget?
Preferred size (small as in SE, medium, large as in Max)?
Latest or previous year's model?
Regular or Pro model?
Are pictures the most important thing?
Do you need lots of storage because you keep movies on your iPhone, or take tons of movies, or never delete a picture, or you have games that have gigabytes of graphics.

It is difficult to suggest anything without knowing you needs and desires.

Share: