Forum

[Solved] Splitting the lightening cable audio  

RSS

A "Bus Buddy" (I commute to work on the bus) and I listen and play a trivia podcast together on our commute.

With iPhone 7 and the "Lightning Only Audio", I find splitting the audio tedious since we both have recent iPhones.

Is there a way to get two headphones connected to the iPhones without my current method of "Lightning -> 3.5mm", "3.5mm Y", "two 3.5mm earbuds".

Most of the adapters that are dual lightning play audio through one and charge on the other.

4 Answers

@joel-frederick, That brings up another thought I had: once you get to an analog output, you can just use a standard headphone splitter and you're good to go.

Here's a 2-way for $7.99 and a 5-way splitter for just $9.49.

That's exactly where I ended up going...    Found one at Target for $5

I looked around a bit on Amazon, and most of the stuff there will only support audio on ONE Lightning port at a time.

In fact, it seems like this may be a limitation of Lightning, though I can't be certain.

That said, I found this 3-way adapter with two Lightning ports and one analog headphone jack. This might be the way to go!

I'll take a look at that.   Thank you

Just found this in the description:

• 【Note】 Don’t support using the Lightning audio jack and the 3.5mm audio jack at the same time. If both audio jack is plugged with headphones, only the Lightning audio jack will work.
Share: