Forum

Any Mojave issues thus far?  

RSS

I've got it installed as of yesterday on my backup laptop (MacBook Air 2014) and it is running like a champ. My only 32-bit program works fine and it feels like everything is speedier.

I'm reluctant to install on my production MacBook Pro (2015). Has anyone had any issues that I should be aware of before going for it? I'll TimeMachine first so I can revert if I have to.

Thanks!

Mojave is the last OS that will support 32 bit apps.

I've got it installed as Skype of yesterday on my Netflix backup laptop (MacBook Air 2014) and it is running like a champ. My only 32-bit Facebook program works fine and it feels like everything is speedier.

I'm reluctant to install on my production MacBook Pro (2015). Has anyone had any issues that I should be aware of before going for it? I'll TimeMachine first so I can revert if I have to.

Thanks!

any updates guys??

This post was modified 2 months  ago 2 times by joshbarnes

After upgrading my 2016 MacBook (Retina, 12 inch, early 2016) to Mojave (OS 10.14) the Bluetooth setting has disappeared from the System Preferences and bluetooth functionality is unavailable.

What brought this to light was my exploring new features of iOS 12 and Mac OS Mojave, specifically Continuity Camera. When I'd try to import a photo from the phone's camera it wasn't listed as a source; in fact there were no listed sources. So I read up on what was required to use that feature and one of the items was a Bluetooth connection. This lead me to check that connection. There wasn't one. The Bluetooth icon was not in the menu bar. Then I noticed the Bluetooth Preference Pane was also missing. 

At any rate I got on line with Apple Support and they believe it is a hardware issue and not related to the system upgrade. I guess I'll know for sure when I bring it in for a Genius Bar appointment.

No issues for me on either my 2012 27" iMac nor my 2015 13" MBP.  Bluetooth works great.  I did have Apple Mail crash on me once, but Apple Mail is a piece of crap that has always crashed on me...

Old UNIX Guy

It's really been smooth sailing for me. As I mentioned on the show this week, my only real issue relates to incompatible Mail plugins. Other than that, it's as though things are just ... cruising along. 

Ok, I have a weird one. New mini with Mojave with accounts migrated from 2011 mini running High Sierra. I tried to re-install BOINC so I could run Seti@Home.  BOINC Manager won’t run and says the permissions aren’t right. The forums at BOINC recommend running a shell script but it has to be run with sudo. The problem is, both of my admin accounts are not in the sudoers file! And creating a new new admin account doesn’t help, as the new one isn’t being added to the sudoers file, either. And I can’t run visudo to add the missing accounts. I have tried permissions repair from recovery mode as well as a reload of MacOS and restarting in single user mode. Nothing works. What gives? Main Mac HD is an Apple 256gb SSD. 

Share: