Forum

AppStore doesn't work  

RSS

Hello,

I updated my MacBook Pro to MacOS Mojave and AppStore doesn't work anymore. When I try to download something, I see the error message "Your purchase couldn't be completed. Canceled." Sign out button doesn't do anything and view my account button gives Couldn't connect to AppStore error.

Anyone can help me with this issues?

Check the updation mate.

Two easy things to try come quickly to mind....

Refreshing caches on your Mac via a Safe Mode restart (generic instructions pasted below) and refreshing the firewall of your router by doing a “cold restart” ie. disconnect router from the power & leave disconnected for 3 minutes, before plugging back in.

========

Boot into Safe Mode (up to 15 minutes)

• Shut down the computer.

• Press the power button to start the Mac and immediately afterwards press and hold down the left Shift key until you see a progress bar or the Apple logo.

• Your Mac will do some cleanup steps and show a progress bar. This may take up to half an hour - let it run even if the progress bar doesn't seem to move.

• This should end up at the login screen with "Safe Mode" written in red at top right. If not, then Safe Mode didn't engage, shut down & try the procedure again.

• Login to your account (you're still in "Safe Mode" so it may look a little different including a flickering screen, don't panic!) but don't start any apps or programs.

• Leave the Mac like that for 5 minutes to "settle down".

• Shutdown and restart normally. (This restart step is important - don't forget to do it!)

• Note: This cleanup procedure deletes various "cache" files used by the operating system and apps. The next time they run they may have to recreate those cache files - so it is normal for the first restart of the Mac and the first launch of any app after a Safe Mode reset to take longer than normal.

Is your software all up-to-date?

I heard that a similar issue is affecting a small number of users. If this is true, you may be in that small group but that being said, let's find out if the issue you reported is system wide or user specific.

To do this

1. Create a new user account on the affected mac
  2. Login in to that 'test' user account
  3. Launch the App Store in the 'test' account to see if the issue reproduces itself.

Report your findings.

If the issue is reproducible in the new user account then the issue is system wide, if you have no issues doing your business in the App Store in the test account then your main account has some files that we should look at.

Yes, certainly check for Software Updates of the underlying macOS - which is now in System Preferences rather than Mac App Store. 

Note: This cleanup procedure deletes various "cache" files used by the operating system and apps. The next time they run they may have to recreate those cache files - so it is normal for the first restart of the Mac and the first launch of any app after a Safe Mode reset to take longer than normal.

@Graham McKay ,,,, Thank you I understand what you said.

https://mobdro.bio/  

This post was modified 4 days  ago 2 times by KuldeepM

Share: