Forum

[Solved] Help me stop my windows from expanding and magnetically pinning to the top  

RSS

I'm having a senior moment. Do you know when you drag a window to the top of the screen to the menu bar and it wants to expand to full screen width? Or if you two-finger scroll on the window title bar and it does the same thing? How do you turn that off?

I can't figure out if this is a macOS feature or a third-party utility I've had forever that I've forgotten about, but now I want it to stop because it happens too much and I almost never want this behavior. Help? Thanks.

There are many of these types of window managers or whatnots. Search this list, yours might be there.  https://www.slant.co/topics/526/~best-window-manager-for-mac

I think that's probably a utility called Magnet doing that. At least that's what does it for me! 😉

Sorry, I should have mentioned what windows manager I have. I do have Moom, but I don't see any window preference for doing that in it. And if I quit Moom, the behavior remains. 

Ah, okay, I do have Hyperdock, which I didn't think of as a window manager because I only use it for the ability to have open windows pop up a small previews above the application icon in the Dock (very useful). Unbeknownst to me, it had preferences for snapping and expanding which I have now disabled. Thanks for the point in the right direction.

BetterTouchTool has this feature as well.

Share: