Forum

How to show Mail app UUID in MacOS 10.15 Catalina  

RSS

Hi

I've just upgraded to Catalina PB. I use Clive Galeni's Anti-Inline Mail plug in and usually when I upgrade I just add the new Mail app's UUID String to the plugin's plist file. This is what I usually enter in Terminal to find the UUID string, but it is not working in Catalina.

defaults read /Applications/Mail.app/Contents/Info PluginCompatibilityUUID

defaults read /System/Library/Frameworks/Message.framework/Resources/Info PluginCompatibilityUUID

Can anyone either let me have the right text for Terminal to get the UUID string or just let me know what it is please?

TIA

@bosssnapper5

I think the UUID for Catalina mail is 6EEA38FB-1A0B-469B-BB35-4C2E0EEA9053. It allows the Anti-Inline mail plugin to be seen in mail now, but when I try to attach jpgs and send the message, mail just crashes each time. Let me know if you fair any better and if there is something I should be doing as well.

5 Answers

Rather than doing it manually I'd suggest using the MailPluginFix app - which seems to have had a recent update so would be a reasonable chance that it knows how to deal with Catalina changes.

https://code2k.net/products/mailpluginfix/

The UUID for Catalina mail is 6EEA38FB-1A0B-469B-BB35-4C2E0EEA9053.  If you edit the plist, the plugin will now show.  However, the plugin causes my mac mail to crash every time I attach a jpeg or attachment utilizing the plugin.  Let me know how you fair or if there is anything I can do to allow the plugin to work.

Thanks. I managed to find the UUID the day I posted the request and have had precisely the same issue with Mail crashing when the send button is pressed if it has an attachment. I guess we just have to wait for Clive Galeni to release an updated version.

Do you know if he's still actively working on the plugin?

On 13 Sept, he said, 'We did some preliminary tests.

In the following week we'll release an update!'
I haven't heard anything since.
Share: