Forum

Notifications
Clear all

macOS clamshell mode

RSS

Topic starter

Hi,

I have a 2017 15" MBP w/ 16 GB of memory. I used to run a setup of MBP Retina display + external monitor. It worked for awhile until I discovered that the MBP can run in "clamshell mode" (closed lid). Since the switch, I have noticed that the perceived performance of the MBP has improved. Despite running Docker + several IDE instances + a dozen chrome AND safari tabs + slack/discord/matrix client/telegram, the MBP still feels "snappy". I haven't had to reboot in over 1 month. In the past, I would have to reboot at least every week.

Anybody else have this experience? Currently on the latest Catalina version (10.15.7).

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Answer
Topic starter

Hi,

I have a 2017 15" MBP w/ 16 GB of memory. I used to run a setup of MBP Retina display + external monitor. It worked for awhile until I discovered that the MBP can run in "clamshell mode" (closed lid). Since the switch, I have noticed that the perceived performance of the MBP has improved. Despite running Docker + several IDE instances + a dozen chrome AND safari tabs + slack/discord/matrix client/telegram, the MBP still feels "snappy". I haven't had to reboot in over 1 month. In the past, I would have to reboot at least every week. 192.168.l.l routerlogin 192.168.0.1

Anybody else have this experience? Currently on the latest Catalina version (10.15.7).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Share: