Forum

[Solved] The color of the Dock and sidebar in Mail is pink-ish...  

RSS

Hi-I have a 2014 MBP running Mojave (10.14.1) and the color along the side where the Dock is and in Mail, along the sidebar is a strange color. Is this normal? I didn't see any setting to change it. It's not a bad color but I am hoping that it's not a 'bad' thing. I have attached a screenshot of what I am talking about. 

Thank you, Again. 

Screen Shot 2018 10 31 at 8.10.07 PM
Screen Shot 2018 10 31 at 8.10.24 PM

Graham is right about the transparency.

Either change the desktop background color to match your personal preference or in the System Preferences search for "transparency" and then hit enter. That will take you to the appropriate panel where you can reduce transperency.

transparency

The tinge of colour in those types of areas is based upon the colour of the underlying desktop (or maybe even underlying windows). ie. it is a transparency effect.

It is possible to reduce the amount of transparency but I'm not sure if it can be completely removed:

System Preferences > Accessibility > Display > Reduce transparency

Well, Graham McKay, you are a big help. My desktop photo is the fall leaves and it must be the light orange color that I am seeing. I had the reduce transparency checked. So I guess I will like this new color! lol Thank you, Graham. 

I've just tried a couple of tests on my MBP (10.14.1) and while the Mail sidebar colouring does change on an ad-hoc basis to reflect the desktop colour, my Dock background colour seems reluctant/slow to change.

I'm thinking that because I have multiple desktop backgrounds it may be trying to choose a colour that contrasts best with ALL the desktop backgrounds ??

Share: