Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Where should I post this? (Mac Laptop problem with dark horizontal bar at bottom on dock).  

RSS

HI all, I'm new to this site/forum and want to start by getting advice as to how to best direct my question, lots of stuff out here. I am writing to get diagnostic or fix-it or ANY advice on a problem with a Mac laptop (my daughter owns it and is currently studying in Taiwan, so I am the point guy here near Chicago). The screen has developed a dark horizontal bar kind of covering what looks like maybe a half inch of the dock on the bottom that won't go away, I can post pix and specs on the box itself. Ideas on where to post or start new thread? Thx much, really appreciated. 

2 Answers

This seems like as good a place as any!

Pardon me if my suggestions are too obvious, but what I'd try first is:

1) Safe boot (Press shift during startup). This could potentially clean up some caches, etc.
2) NVRAM reset (Option-Command-P-R on startup). Some video settings might be in stored here.
3) Create a new user and see if that user has the same problem. It could be an application/extension for that user.

However, a black bar sounds bad and could be a hardware issue...

Hi there, I am new to this forum and I have got lots of questions, cause I have doubts that I place my post in the right section. I want to use a professional essay writing service but don`t know what will be best. How about CustomWritings.com? Is anybody here who uses it? How can you describe it and its services? What about payments? Is it cheap or vise versa? I`ll wait for your answers.

Share: