Hope all is well with you and yours. I’ve been having a weird thing going on with my Mac the last 3 weeks or so, and wanted to bounce it off of you.
What’s happening is, when I select a file (or multiple files), the act of selecting them occasionally “sticks”, as though the mouse “slipped”… so I end up accidentally selecting more files than I wanted, moving a file, or opening them. So to combat this, I have to pause briefly after I’ve selected the file, and then move it.
- I’m running the latest/final? version of High Sierra, and the only updating I’ve done is with apps and the occasional security update.
- I’m been using a Kensington wired mouse for a while, and it does not have an accompanying system pref pane. Haven't ever had an issue with it.
- I use PathFinder 7 instead of the Finder. Haven't updated to version 8 because that upgrade has been horrible.
What I haven’t tried yet but will when I get a chance:
- Only using the Finder instead of PathFinder
- Try to replicate it in my test user account
- Trying a different mouse
Any of you seen what I have described?
Thanks in advance,