Bridge Mode, APFS, and Tips from MacTech – Mac Geek Gab 735
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 735 for Monday, November 12, 2018
- 00:01:58 SSD Dashboard by way of Parallels
- 00:03:19 VMware vCenter Converter Standalone (creates a .vmdk file you can import into other virtualization environments)
- 00:04:26 MacTech is SO worth it
- 00:08:03 APFS Lessons from MacTech
- 00:14:17 CSF-KnockKnock
- 00:16:17 CSF-Sloth
- 00:17:40 CSF-LockRattler
- 00:19:03 Contact Mac Geek Gab
- 00:19:41 QT-defaults read [file].plist works!
- 00:21:30 QT-launchctl list
- 00:22:35 SPONSOR: Opsgenie, now from Atlassian! Opsgenie empowers Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Visit Opsgenie.com to get a free company account for up to 5 team members, forever.
- 00:24:55 SPONSOR: LinkedIn Jobs. Go to LinkedIn.com/MGG and get $50 OFF toward your first job post!
- 00:27:01 QT-Hit Command-T in your favorite apps
- 00:27:56 Bill-Force Mac App Store to show missing Updates
- App Store | Store | Reload Page
- 00:29:36 Bill-734-Dark Mode toggle for Maps
- Maps | View | Use Dark Map
- 00:30:19 Shazoom-CSF-Dark Mode for Firefox
- 00:32:13 Bill-734-MacBook Air TouchID not Touch Bar
- 00:34:52 Rob-734-Logging in two accounts at once
- Launch VMWare virtual machine with macOS to log in second user
- 00:28:51 Neal-734-Use CGSession to login a second user
/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras/User.menu/Contents/Resources/CGSession - switchToUserID `id -u <username>`
- 00:41:33 Dave-Soft Keyboards with Hard Keyboards on iPads
- 00:43:25 Kraig-iOS 12.1 eSIM bug
- Remove and reinsert SIM
- 00:45:43 MGGF-Graham-Manually configuring iCloud mail
- 00:46:44 SPONSOR: eero plus. Never think about WiFi again - Get $100 off the eero base unit and 2 beacons package, and 1 year of eero Plus, visit eero.com/mgg and at checkout enter MGG.
- 00:49:20 SPONSOR: Jamf Now. MGG listeners can start securing their business today by managing their first 3 devices for free! Add more starting at just two dollars a month, per device. Create your free account today at jamf.com/MGG
- 00:51:14 Cindy-Install a Printer That Doesn't Exist?
- System Preferences | Printers & Scanners | + | Use: | Select Software | [Printer]
- 00:56:53 Dave-Cable Modem in Bridge Mode
- 01:04:09 Chuck-Mojave thoughts
- 01:09:45 Gary-Finding Photos
- 01:14:56 MGGF-Garry-Naming exported Photos folders
- 01:16:15 Jeff-Photos Backup
- 01:22:29 MGG 735 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
The explanation of the Modem/Router is without a doubt the most thorough yet simplest and easiest to understand I have ever heard. Dave Hamilton is reminds me of a college professor I had MANY years ago. She had a wealth of knowledge but was able to share her expertise in a manner all the students could grasp, digest & remember. This is such a great podcast. I am a GIT. (Geek In Training)