Geeky Gift Guide and Your Questions Answered – Mac Geek Gab 737
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 737 for Monday, November 26, 2018
- 00:01:58 Boeing 737
- 00:02:42 SPONSOR: Other World Computing at MacSales.com. Check out their new Thunderbolt 3 10G Ethernet Adapter
- 00:04:56 EvTheNerd-CSF-SaveHollywood Screen Saver
- 00:06:22 Neal-736-Exporting Safari Passwords
- 00:07:55 Katie-CSF-Mac Media Key Forwarder
- 00:10:34 David-Use Shortcuts to Customize your iPhone Screens and Icons (and more)
- 00:12:51 Mike-736-Use iCloud.com to avoid iWork Format Changes
- 00:17:27 SPONSOR: Opsgenie, now from Atlassian! Opsgenie empowers Dev & Ops teams to plan for service disruptions and stay in control during incidents. Visit Opsgenie.com to get a free company account for up to 5 team members, forever.
- 00:19:50 Zarkachat-Updating Browsers on iOS 10 Devices
- 00:23:48 Allen-Backups Tale of Woe
- 00:32:18 Harry-Connecting 2 monitors to 2 computers
- 00:37:49 Jeff-MacBook Pro vs. iPad Pro, the 2018 Showdown
- 00:42:55 Dave’s new laptop config
- 00:47:05 SPONSOR: Jamf Now. MGG listeners can start securing their business today by managing their first 3 devices for free! Add more starting at just two dollars a month, per device. Create your free account today at jamf.com/MGG
- 00:48:47 SPONSOR: CacheFly. CacheFly's new solution Web Content Optimization analyzes your current Google Lighthouse score to optimize all your content before it's delivered to visitors without requiring any development effort from you, all in the background.
- 00:51:09 Brydge Series II iPad Pro Keyboard ($99.99 on Amazon)
- 00:58:02 Dave-FaceID with External Keyboard and iPad Pro
- 00:59:41 CSF-Ventev Wireless Charge Stand ($42.00 or $59.99 on Amazon)
- 01:02:16 CSF-Ventev wireless chargepad+ ($49.99 on Amazon)
- 01:04:10 CSF-myCharge PowerDisk+ ($49.99 on Amazon)
- 01:10:56 CSF-iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit
- 01:12:22 CSF-ROAV Viva Pro
- 01:14:26 Warren-CSF-Linedock ($299 and up)
- 01:16:05 RIVA Concert ($179)
- 01:19:17 Mike-CSF-Twelve South HiRise Pro
- 01:21:47 This week’s MGG Premium Contributors:
- Chris S., Paul M., Mike C., Mark R., Chris F., Working Smarter for Mac Users, Ryan M., Neal L., Scott F., Dave C., John G., James C., Jay C., Frank A., Joe S., Abdullah B., Ari L., Barry F., Michael P., Mikael S., Bob L., Jeff P., John V., John D., Santiago M., Ken L., Clive S., Dave G., Richard B., Ed T., David B., David S., Scott R., Craig R-T., Andrew W., Bob S., Brian M., Scott G., Brian W., Daniel W., Art K., Jim W., Denis M., Bruce D., Daniel M., Rick S., Harvey H., Ian T., John P., Mark P., Tim B., Jim D.,
- 01:23:51 MGG 737 Outtro
- The Mac Geek Gab iPhone app
- Active MGG Sponsors and Coupon Codes List
- You're downloading today's show from CacheFly's network
- BackBeat Media Podcast Network
I've had a Brydge keyboard since original iPad Pro. I often times find myself trying to use the trackpad since I forget that I am on an iPad. It has DEFINITELY transformed the way I use iPads. I'm still quite a ways away from using it as a laptop replacement, but I make ppt's, documents, read, surf, explore, and sooo much more on my iPad because of that keyboard. My wife has a MacBook and I would definitely choose iPad/Brydge combo over her MacBook anyday.
Haha, yes! I've found myself pushing for the trackpad on my Brydge keyboard, too.
Similarly – and very interestingly – I've also found myself touching the screen on my Air to try and scroll the window. Apple really has the whole "no touchscreen laptop" thing very wrong, in my experience.