Admin
February 17, 2020 7:30 EST AM  
wpf-cross-image

Note: Shownotes are complete!

Chapters/Timestamps/Stuff mentioned:

jkdawson
(@jkdawson)
February 18, 2020 2:08 EST AM  

A comment on subscriptions versus one time pricing. I am surprised that a pricing model that is common with enterprise software is apparently unheard of with consumer desktop software.

A common model with enterprise software is the customer buys the software for a one time fee. That includes the right to use the software forever and one year of support. Support after the first typically costs 20% of the purchase price per year. As long as the customer keeps buying support they receive security fixes, bug fixes and new major feature releases. If the customer doesn't buy support they can keep using the software but receive no fixes at all after the first year. If they have stopped paying support and want to get a newer version of the software they have to buy it again, although some software vendors will let them have it if they just pay their back support fees.

This model gives the developer an ongoing revenue stream and the customer perpetual rights to the software.

I don't believe the Mac app store supports this but I am surprised that applications that aren't sold through the app store don't offer a model like this.

ReplyQuote
madison454
(@madison454)
February 20, 2020 4:40 EST AM  

So far, I managed to go though only some of the posts you have here, but I find them very interesting and informative. Just want say thank you for the information you have shared.
If you want you can also read this blog which talk about Microsoft Windows Error in a very easy way.

ReplyQuote
Share: