Changing the Volume Level...and Icon – Mac Geek Gab 810
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 810 for Monday, April 13, 2020
- 00:01:32 John-QT-Slide the iOS Volume Slider with your Finger
- 00:03:13 Bob-QT-Option-Click on Notification Center in macOS for Distraction-Free Bliss!
- 00:06:27 Greg-QT-Pinch to Delete in Messages
- 00:07:45 SPONSOR: eero: the mesh Wi-Fi system that both John and Dave currently use. Visit eero.com/mgg and enter code MGG at checkout to get FREE overnight shipping with your order!
- 00:10:55 SPONSOR: BBEdit from Bare Bones Software is now back in the Mac App Store or Online at BareBones.com
- 00:11:59 Matt-CSF-AppPolice for taming CPU
- 00:14:33 Bruce-CSF-Hackintool
- 00:16:13 Nick-CSF-809-ACEMAX M5 Audiocast AirPlay Receiver
- 00:17:49 JFB-CSF-Fing Desktop App
- 00:20:39 Gary-CSF-DownloadThemAll Firefox Plugin
- 00:22:50 Ken-CSF-MEE audio EarBoost EB1
- 00:24:36 Jim-Changing Volume Icons
- 00:28:28 Larry-Changing Drive Names in Disk Utility
- 00:32:09 Michael-What app wants a JDK?
- 00:36:20 SPONSOR: Linode - You can build it on Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Start with a $20 credit at linode.com/mgg.
- 00:37:55 SPONSOR: Jamf Now. MGG listeners can start securing their business today by managing their first 3 devices for free! Add more starting at just two dollars a month, per device. Create your free account today at jamf.com/MGG
- 00:39:28 John-807-Use Jamf Now for App Limits on Devices
- 00:40:06 JD-808-Add more IPv4 addresses to your home network
- Private IP Ranges - 10.x.x.x, 172.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x
- IP Calculator
- 00:43:39 Chuck-New iMazing Photos Features
- 00:47:33 Ralph-EXIF Data Editor
- 00:52:02 Mike-806-Hot-swappable drives in Thunderbay 4?
- 00:56:08 Mace-Arris DOCSIS Status Page Musings
- Downstream: -10dBmV to +10dBmV
- Upstream: between 40dBmV and 50dBmV
- Modulation: should NOT read “Unknown”
- SnR (Signal to Noise Ratio): Depends! Learn what “normal” looks like
- DOCSIS Throughput
- 01:10:16 Todd-AirPlay is very battery efficient
- 01:13:23 MACE-Don't Forget to run Malwarebytes
- 01:16:54 Scott-Backup your Text Substitutions
- 01:20:17 MGG 810 Outtro
Just a comment about EXIF data - I use GraphicConverter software. Really powerful software with scriptable batches. of course, manipulate EXIF data can be 'batch filed' as well. It's an excellent all in one photos/graphic file editing tool; from Lemke software