Mispronouncing "Bondi" – Mac Geek Gab 814
We're not embedding the video here this week because voice and video got out of sync due to a bug in mimoLive, the software we've been using to stream. The good news is that we have a workaround for next week. THAT said, if you want to see this week's video, it is available over at YouTube, as usual. Facebook, as well. Don't say we didn't warn you. And thank you for your patience. You deserve better...and WE WILL DELIVER! (next week!).
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 814 for Monday, May 11, 2020
- 00:01:30 Todd-QT-Command-Option-C to Copy as Pathname to File, then Save
- 00:03:14 Matthew-QT-Move Files by Dragging to the Finder's Back Button
- 00:04:16 John-CSF-Vention Online 3D CAD and Machine Design
- 00:06:10 CSF-CalDigit Tuff Nano USB-C 3.2G2 - 1000MBps R/W
- 00:08:19 CSF-Universal Phone Dock - Charge IPhone Or Any Brand Phone--Lumi/UniDock
- 00:09:52 CSF-iCON Platform M+ Control Surface - $419.99 at Amazon
- 00:12:10 UCSF-Wink: Give Us $5 Monthly Or Lose Access to Your Devices
- 00:20:35 Bruce-Zoom Auto-Adjust My Volume... Sometimes
- 00:24:14 What light do you use for streaming?
- John: U-Stream Home Streaming Studio with 10” Ring Light & Tripod <- “Good Stuff”
- Dave: VILTROX LED Panel
- 00:32:43 Ari-How much 10G is Enough 10G?
- 00:39:45 James-Bluetooth Mouse Suddenly Drains Battery
- 00:44:31 Ben-GC-What did the Installer do?
- 00:51:02 New 13” MacBook Pro
- 00:52:16 Ben-New 2020 MacBook Pro 13" CPU Options
- 00:58:29 Bill-Comparing the 13" Mac Laptop Offerings
- 00:59:55 SPONSOR: Linode - You can build it on Linode. Instantly deploy and manage an SSD server in the Linode Cloud. Start with a $20 credit at linode.com/mgg.
- 01:01:21 SPONSOR: BBEdit from Bare Bones Software is now back in the Mac App Store or Online at BareBones.com
- 01:03:03 SPONSOR: CacheFly. CacheFly's Web Content Optimization analyzes your current Google Lighthouse score to optimize all your content before it's delivered to visitors without requiring any development effort from you, all in the background.
- 01:04:43 Steve-Managing life with two Apple IDs
- 01:10:24 John-Creative Use of Multiple Apple IDs
- 01:13:02 Andrew-813-Mis-Pronouncing Bondi
- 01:14:39 Brian-813-iPhone SE A13 and Wi-Fi 6
- 01:16:38 Doug-macOS 10.15.4 causes RAID issues
- 01:18:48 Dominic-813-Windows is better when Virtualizing games
- 01:21:17 Robin-813-Swap AirPods the Easy Way
- 01:23:00 Robert-813-Convert WyzeCam to WebCam
- 01:25:12 MGG 814 Outtro
Dave, you mentioned that Amazon’s A-Lady does not work with automating the Wyze lightbulbs. I can use my echo dots to turn on and off my Wyze bulbs. Once I install them using the Wyze app, I just enabled a Wyze skill in the Amazon Alexa app.