Holy Bidirectional Thunderbolt, Mac-Man! – Mac Geek Gab 815
May 18, 2020 6:59 EDT AM
Note: Shownotes are in progress...
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 815 for Monday, May 18, 2020
- 00:01:51 Mike-QT-Command-Tab Follows the Dock
- 00:04:23 Jeff-QT-Deleting Notes in Preview
- 00:05:46 Jeff-QT-Remove your boot drive from Spotlight Exclusions after Restoring from Clone
- 00:07:48 Boot From Clone resets Apple Pay
- 00:10:51 Ben-Command-Delete will delete iCloud Backups
- 00:12:38 Paul-QT-Drag Over Selection area for Multiple Select in iOS 13
- 00:13:28 Mike-814-Drag to the Finder's Path Bar
- 00:15:20 Robert-QT-814-Use HFS+ for Better External Rotational Performance
- CSF-SanDisk 3D 1TB SSD
- 00:17:53 CSF-Orico Portable NVMe USB-C SSD
- NTFS, needed reformat for macOS, 10G USB-C, 860MBps W, 940MBps R. $150 512, $240 1TB
- 00:20:26 Thunderbolt vs. USB-C Drives
- 00:23:03 CSF-Bi-directional TB3-TB2 conversion
- 00:27:25 Marc-Long hover can do things
- 00:29:38 Add Dark Menubar and Dock to Light Theme -
defaults write -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool Yes
- 00:33:36 SPONSOR: Snowflake is an incredibly detailed weather app, covering almost everything you could possibly want to know about current conditions and forecasts.
- 00:35:19 SPONSOR: DEVONtechnologies: Where did you put your evil genius master plan? DEVONthink knows. Get organized for 10% off at www.devontechnologies.com/mgg
- 00:37:23 SPONSOR: Mint Mobile. Cut your wireless bill to just $15 per month at MintMobile.com/MGG, and add an iPhone SE for another $15!
- 00:39:37 Irving-How to Play Blu-Rays on the Mac
- 00:45:54 Walter-Living with 128GB Boot Drive
- 00:50:54 Josh-Using an iMac as a Display through Thunderbolt Docks
- 00:55:58 Thunderbolt Drive Speeds vs. DisplayPort
- 01:02:01 Peter-CSF-Capto for Screen Captures
- 01:03:20 Ben-CSF-814-Suspicious Package
- 01:04:36 CSF-TimeMachineEditor 5.1 brings additional exclusion preferences
- 01:06:08 CSF-Logic Pro X 10.5
- 01:09:29 CSF-Behringer Ultragain Digital ADA8200
- 01:11:20 Kenny-NCSF-Automatic Car Adapters
- 01:16:03 Scott-Enable Safe Boot via Terminal
- Disable SIP first (csrutil disable)
- Enable Safe Mode:
sudo nvram boot-args="-x"
- Disable Safe Mode:
sudo nvram boot-args=""
- 01:19:15 James-Troubleshooting with AppTamer and OnyX
- 01:25:16 MGG 815 Outtro