Backtick is Zoomalicious (in Preview) – Mac Geek Gab 817
June 1, 2020 7:30 EDT AM
Note: Shownotes are complete!
- 00:00:00 Mac Geek Gab 817 for Monday, June 1, 2020
- 00:02:14 Stephan-QT-Backtick Zooms in Preview (Backtick to Show/Hide Magnifier, + to Zoom In, - to Zoom Out)
- 00:03:36 Peter-QT-Add or Remove Mail Quotes (Cmd-Shift-' to Remove, Cmd-' to Add)
- 00:05:08 Dale-QT-Right-Click Desktop to Take Pic (Import from Phone) with iPhone (2nd PP of his message)
- 00:06:55 Terry-815-QT-Drag the menu bar to your chosen monitor
- 00:09:12 QT-Check your DNS Performance
- namebench works from Command Line
- brew install namebench
- 00:12:32 Peter-On-site appointments with Social Distancing
- 00:14:31 Ari-No Contact pickup/dropoff for Social Distancing
- 00:16:56 Lew-Spotlight Still Doesn't Return Proper Results
sudo mdutil -E /
- 00:21:50 Gary-Browser Roundup?
- 00:36:14 Jeff-Expanding Wi-Fi to the Garage
- 00:45:39 Jedd-Mesh for Extended Family
- 00:50:35 SPONSOR: TextExpander: TextExpander helps you communicate smarter. Create snippets for things you type – or copy and paste – all the time. Get 20% off your first year’s subscription at TextExpander.com/podcast.
- 00:52:56 SPONSOR: Mint Mobile. Cut your wireless bill to just $15 per month at MintMobile.com/MGG, and add an iPhone SE for another $15!
- 00:54:44 SPONSOR: CacheFly. CacheFly's Web Content Optimization analyzes your current Google Lighthouse score to optimize all your content before it's delivered to visitors without requiring any development effort from you, all in the background.
- 00:56:17 Stephan-Thoughts on Synology RT2600AC
- 01:00:50 Marc-iOT and Home Network Security
- 01:10:47 Andrew-Segmenting and Prioritizing Network Traffic for Specific Devices
- 01:18:51 CSF-CableMatters Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C Hybrid Docking Station ($199) and Kensington SD5500T TB3/USB-C Hybrid Docking Station ($259)
- 01:21:41 DLH-Defense Titan Portable Power Station
- 01:24:39 This Week’s MGG Premium Contributors
- 01:26:53 MGG 817 Outtro
This topic was modified 3 weeks ago by John F. Braun